1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So What's it Gonna Be (US Roadracing)?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Very good points about not racing on credit. IMO that is really important. It will HAVE to be paid for at some point. By racing on credit it will just cost a lot more later. Somebody that races on credit will end up spending much more money on racing in the long run.

I have seen it first hand. I know a guy that raced on credit...then ended up quiting. Years later, he is still paying off credit cards. I would imagine the only thing worse that being forced to stopped racing for financial reasons, is to have to continue paying racing bills for years after you last took a checkered flag.

I dont have any credit cards and havent had one in almost 8 years. I had gotten rid of all credit cards before I had even sat on a motorcycle. So while I might spend a good bit on racing, if/when I decide to walk away from it, I will be able to walk away clear, with no racing debt.

I would rather see somebody race a smaller bike, or do less races per weekend, or run pump gas, or stock suspension, or whatever...rather than run up debt to race. That is simply not sustainable and that won't keep anybody on the grid for years to come.

2. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Exactly, but the problem you run into is that there are too many people who don't feel the same way that are the meteorites of the sport and make it tough for the more sensible folks to be competitive.

3. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

I don't understand. I thought AMA Ohio has the FMNR.
    Are you saying because AMA Ohio (FMNR) has the sanctioning rights - and then AMA Ohio has a contract with DMG to run the only pro series in the USA with a connection to FIM? I'm not sure exactly, that's why I ask for an explanation.

4. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I dont think either organization would be opposed to surrendering the FIM sanction at this point would they?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sure, give them enough cash and they'll give it up.

For free? :crackup::crackup::crackup: NO!

6. TrackStar

Theres got to be a performance clause (or lack thereof) in those contracts that allows FIM to reassign a sanction. In the end FIM owns said sanction dont they? Could they not pull it?

Also, is there anything in FIM bylaws that says there cannot be 2 sanctioned Series in one country?

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Plus, he's WMRRA so he's naturally fast.

Pray for rain :)

Any more rounds with us this season?

-Zac Smith WMRRA #58

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Tell them they don't owe for the TV money from Laguna last year, shake hands, and both sides walk away.

Sorry if I missed it...was it posted how long does the FIM sanction/AMA Pro relationship last?

In my crazy mixed-up head, I would like to see Dorna throw money at the WERA series. Then, since there will be money and TV rights, have the top teams jump ship from AMA to WERA. How long would DMG continue to throw money at the sinking ship?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do unicorns fart rainbows and shit skittles over there in Utah?

10. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

ASRA is taking over Pro road racing in the US...... :Poke:

11. TrackStar

Not since I killed the last one.

So the way I understand it (probably wrong) the AMA is the FIM CONU for North America for all motorcycle sports, they then sanction other Series and events within N. America with FIM Sanctioning.

If thats correct as I read it then couldnt the AMA grant sanctioning to another Series?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Again?

13. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

To put it in perspective, the CMA is the FIM sanctioning/affiliate for Canada, and they don't run the National series. I'm not sure if they run any regional roadracing series either.

14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

But Nicky has the money and the contacts to make this happen, and what is he doing??????

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

They all just want the massive pay cheques

16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Nah mate

Ben went from whipping whos arse in ama

and Josh went to winning what against who in ama

That is more of the reality in my mind, the riding level was a shit load higher in Ben and Matts day than now

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. FIM bylaws state one per country and here that is the AMA. The AMA has a contract with DMG so the sanction goes to them.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely. No way in hell would DMG allow another org to have it.

19. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Dude, you better be real carefull, some one like Robbie will be along soon to suggest that you are trying to con folk on here by stating the obvious and trying to help

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

AMA pro racing needs fixin'
    They need to hire mojo nixon.