GNF Endurance Proposal... (for those that don't ever visit the Endurance Forum)

Discussion in 'General' started by couch, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, what part of he would only do the purse if we did the double header did you miss? Evelyne decided the double header format wouldn't be best for WERA as a whole. The purse was contingent on her agreeing to that. The purse wasn't offered for any other option.

2. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

I didn't miss any part of it. I still think it is short sighted to decline the offer of a purse (even contingent on running a double header round), and will ultimately hurt WERA Endurance. You have the opportunity to entice other teams from a competing organization, garner additional entries from your own organization, and market the series (or at least this race) as a purse paying entity. All of which will help pay the bills, and grow the event, at little or no cost to WERA.

It is a poor decision in my opinion, but I don't have 35 years running a roadracing organization...

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Fixed that for ya

:moon:

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

You guys really think WERA can just magically find another 4 hours during a race weekend (GNF no less)???

Props to TOBC for the offer; maybe this is something that could be incorporated into the 2014 schedule.

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Would it make any difference if D&D also threw in some purse $$$ for the endurance?

We plan to run a Triumph backed team but would LOVE to help out with sponsorship....

6. couch

couch Well-Known Member

I wouldn't anticipate a change from WERA... but I'd love to hear what you had in mind... feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

7. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

I may have to get into endurance racing. :)

8. My thoughts exactly.

9. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I need a ride for road a.

10. Brett A

Brett A Well-Known Member

That's it, I'm going to start endurance racing.

11. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I know the decision has been made...but I wish it had a different outcome. It would be nice to be able to squeeze in another endurance round at the GNF. Even if it were a 4hr. Travel costs were a big issue for our team this year along with solid commitments. Everyone will be at the GNF so that throws those issues out the window. I'd be willing to offer some sort of compensation to the top three teams as well(through my shop). Even if it were $200 in fuel cards or something.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'd love to win fuel cards.

13. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

IMO a 8 hour endurance double header wouldn't have been much fun

BORING and $$$$

I know a couple teams including us weren't going to make Summit point but we're shooting for Road Atlanta now!

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Werd...

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Anyone know how much Barber is a day?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Depends on the day, but a lot.:D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're looking at the purse and ignoring all of the other issues that come with running a double header. We cannot just look at the one part you like and ignore the rest of the event.

A few grand has never worked to draw more teams in the past, not sure why it would do so now.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll certainly be looking at it, purse or no purse. I had forgotten about doing it but the VIR event was fun and different.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It won't for this year, Evelyne has made her decision for the best of her company.

For a double header type event next year yeah, sponsorship always helps, especially if it means we can pay the bills. So far what we've gotten from Lucas for the Endurance we put back to the teams so it doesn't really help WERA but does hopefully help you guys.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, I'm getting tired of the childish shit. What in the hell is your problem with the website? Are you one of the people I turned down wanting to trade website design for entries or something?

This silly crap is getting old, so either actually post what your real problem with WERA is or shut up about the website. Schedules being up from 2009 is not actually in inherent design flaw in a site....