1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF Endurance Proposal... (for those that don't ever visit the Endurance Forum)

Discussion in 'General' started by couch, Sep 16, 2013.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

How's the GNF schedule going to look, compared to last year with the endurance added?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

$12,500 base rent one ambulance no corner workers or the like.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'll be Thursday afternoon, same as Cycle Jam Friday worked - paid practice in the AM then Endurance in the afternoon.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Thanks.

5. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Mad props TOBC! With a bounty like that, I would assume you'd get some entries from other orgs. Heck, with a bounty like that, I would consider forming another team just for this event! :beer:

I always love hearing stories about the "good ole" days of endurance racing and the 24 hours at Nelson Ledges! When was the last time an 8 hour endurance race was put on! :wow:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Back when tires didn't cost $500 a set and last one hour :D

7. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Amen to that!:up:

8. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Based on the interest and buzz this proposed purse has generated, I disagree with your assessment. If it has not worked in the past, you need to look at your marketing tactics. What was done to promote the series and the purse money? What was done to generate interest in endurance racing, to show people that there is a tangible return on their entry expenses (even in the form of cheap track time)? Hell, the Jennings GP endurance at Thanksgiving last year had a larger grid, and there was no purse, just decent marketing before hand (and after).

People like to race for money. In the Summit Point 9/20-22 thread you said that the Solo payouts may return "As soon as the economy goes back in to boom mode from bust mode and we have lots more riders", but the reality is that CCS is currently paying contingency and has larger grids than WERA (based on my personal experience). Is the economy better for CCS racers? Which came first, the contingency or the larger grids?

Of course changing the GNF endurance race to a longer format (or double header) would take some rearranging of the event, but you already have the track reserved for that day. You would have to cancel the morning practice for the sprint riders, and I'm sure that would piss some people off, but it's better that cancelling an entire event like Summit. JMO...

9. couch

couch Well-Known Member

Agreed... maybe we're too new to be jaded, but I still haven't met anyone who didn't like winning money... most of the folks we race with make go or no-go decisions based on contingency and payout.

We routinely win a cash purse between $700 and $1,500 (plus tires) running Team Challenge Events and, for my part, it makes a difference.

Just another opinion.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Ya know what, fuck it. I don't care.

My team will still be there and I still wanna put up some $$$ for the overall.

Can we discuss through email big boss man?

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Well then that just ended that shit right there. 12,500 for rent. Let's say there is a good turn out like Last years finale, and you have 20 teams total for 8 hours. $100 an hour, that's $16,000 plus corner workers and Amb services. That's 15,000.

So it seems to me, that the $3000 should go to WERA to put it on. And all the teams Including TOBC will save gas money instead of two rounds.

Money is Money. And hell if things hold up like they have, not a guarantee but,

$1000 for HW

1st- 500
    2nd- 300
    3rd- 200

And so on. And the way the standings are, if TOBC does like they have and win 2 classes. They are only giving up $2000 because $1000 goes back to them.

I am not trying to say that it isn't generous of TOBC, but it seems like people are painting WERA as being the bad guy.

These numbers are what they are.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Great, here we go again.

You know what, not going to bother this time. Just one point - buzz on the BBS isn't the real world and doesn't have ANY effect on what people actually show up to an event.

Also - WERA has contingency too. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely!

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jon did say his teams wouldn't be eligible and would be taken out of the money aspect of things. It really was a great offer and we do appreciate it.

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

So you guys, WERA, make what? 1000? As opposed to already having the track rented and running Sprints and making money.

It's just not profitable. Plain and simple.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup. I was gonna stay out this since I have no dog in he fight but the right way of trying to get this going would have been running it by WERA first before going public with it.

17. Hey Jon, I don't have a dog in this fight because unfortunately, im not racing Endurance at the moment. I just wanted to say that i hope you are doing some Sprint races also and we hook up on track like we did several times on Sunday during the GNF last year.

That was some of the most fun I have had on track. :beer:

We were back and forth in several races, so it seems like you are in all of my GNF pictures :D

[​IMG]

18. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Is that Dave Grey behind you, Chris?

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep. I mean screw Mongo and all with his trying to Kill Endurance racing n shit now!!

I'm sure once I take the endurance grid I'll get punted but fuck it. I don't care. What's right is right. They'll have to slow wayyyyy down to boot me off lol