Future of the E class

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Nov 25, 2012.

1. papa911

papa911 Well-Known Member

This works for us, as the only bike we have for '13 is an SS prepped 250 and we'd rather not have to build it to compete with the 300. We know some fast people who have ridden 300s in street trim on the track and they were very impressed.
    We are expecting to see some in SS trim soon.

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Whiffing the fuel is hardly a good way to detect legality. I'm sure that until we actually set up our own little fuel testing lab at Loudon, quite a few bikes with illegal fuel made it through inspection undetected.

3. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

well stale, dumb is sort of an insulting description. An opinion you don't agree with sure. What is dumb is your expert description of Peter's bearing issue. As I remember, when the big prize was given by Kaw, the most expert of us all earned the $2,500. Maybe naive am I, but that man's opinions and comments hold a bit more weight to many of us that frequent these pages than yours.

4. caferace

caferace No.

kaboom. :D

-jim

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Dang and he's even had a knock to the head!

6. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

My "expert" opinion of his chain being to tight caused his problem ... He may run good bikes BUT once the wheel was knocked "sideways" it did what to the chain ??? Say it with me TIGHTENED it , therefore with THAT issue being part of the problem how can you "just" blame Kaw for a bearing issue "weak link" ???

The other question is just how in the world do you hit a curb hard enough to move a back wheel and not crash in the process (maybe that's a skill I haven't mastered) , something left loose maybe ? If something left loose is the case that's another topic . Wheel sideways for 1 lap or several weekends ? There's a million unanswered coulda woulda shoulda . If there wasn't a chain being to tight issue at all and this problem is happening all over the world then ya call it a weak link .

Running 300s against 250s is dumb I really don't care what word you choose to put there in place of it . Running a combined grid ya go ahead don't see a problem with it . My biggest issue with it is , the class is supposed to be "cheap fun" why take that outta the equation ? You wanna spend a bunch of $ race a 600 . I look at the 250 class as a entry level class to get kids involved ya sure there's going to be some older people running it to but why ruin a great thing ?? IF it ain't broke don't fix it , I wouldn't be opposed to suspension mods only stock everything else

Keep it cheap make it fun or the appeal will wear off pretty quickly once it gets to the point that people are putting 10k in a ninja 250 to be competitive they will abandon the class and it will probably disappear . It's already cheaper and easier to have a SV then a 250 anyways

7. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Stalemate27, I don't think we have ever met, but if we had you would know, just as Dustin pointed out, my stuff is always perfect. I show up ready to race, this is because of years of having my ass handed to me buy bikes that were better than mine in AMA. That you have never been to Nashville and seen the roval is not my problem. Big friggin curbs, I would put any of my past bikes cerka 2001 against anything in the AMA SS paddock. Please do not come on here an insult something you know NOTHING about. Ask anyone in CMRA what the weak link is on the ninja. They all know. Just because you have never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Ok, enough of this bs and back to my glass of wine and staring at the endurance SV and figuring out how the bike can be better for next season.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Do you run a 250? I'm just curious. Have you ridden a 250? Hell.. Do you even know what the chain adjustment looks like on one?

9. Red Fox Racing

Stalemate27, ok sorry, I just re-read your post again. My chains are nearly twice the manual looseness (is that a word) I am not complaining about the chain causing a problem with the left main bearing, it IS a known fact that the little ninja motor left main bearing can not take the load of racing rpm,s. Add any problems to that and it gives up. This is with a different ecu that allows the motor to rev. Not the stock ecu.....

10. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Own 2 of them and have wrenched on plenty more , not knocking your prep or maintenance just saying shit happens

"The weak link on the Ninja is the left main bearing. Hit a curb with the rear and the chain gets to tight, left main bearing failure (Nashvegas). "

You stated the bearing failed because you hit a curb and the chain gets to tight , if hitting a bump causes the chain to get to tight then IT'S TO TIGHT to start with , then you say it kicked the wheel crooked

I'm just reading what YOU put .

Whatever you decide to do is right wtf do I know , all I know how to do is turn a wrench left or right

11. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

See now its making more sense and more "cheater" parts on bikes lol taking away what the class is supposed to be .....

It's all good :beer:

Looseness I knew a girl like that once

12. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

• Bad idea. I like your dedication to the class and desire to keep it viable, but anything that resembles "unlimited mods" not going to do that. $$$$$$$$. Make it low. There is NO WAY to race 250s vs 300s without a bunch of drama.

1) Wait out the 300. I was onboard with the 300 initially but the bike landscape is changing fast. I bet Kawi doesn't even keep it around very long as it will not compete on the market with the 500cc Honda.

2) Classes:
      - 250cc SuperSport (ESS) - SS rules with NO RACING GAS. Run until there are no bikes entering. Which will be a very long time based on how many have been sold by Kawi (and Honda)
      - 500cc - if 500cc twins becomes the new (again) standard of entry level "next step up" bikes, then a 500cc version of ESS will RAWK!! Again, NO MODS past Super STOCK.

13. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I would still like to see pod filters on the 250

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Where? Do you race I mean.

15. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

If the 300 Is class legal you're going to need them to go with the rest of the cheater parts to make up that 10HP :down:

16. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

A place mongo gets pissy if I bring it up because its not wera :D

My son runs the 250 class up here , I'm semi-retired but still race some and coach mostly

17. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Yall just need a claiming rule to keep the bikes legal. Nobody is gona put a shit ton of money in a bike if the next guy can buy it for 3000ish dollars.

18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

We've had this class for a long time. The participants take extreme pride in how cheap they are. (B.J. claims his race budget is $800 for the season.) Unfortunately the grids are getting smaller and notice has been served that unless there is an improvement in the number of entries, 2013 will be the last year this class is run. Maybe the new Honda will help.

[​IMG]

"LRRS SPECIFIC CLASSES - THE FOLLOWING CLASSES ARE LRRS CLASSES. THEY ARE NOT CCS CLASSES.
    21.1 PRODUCTION TWINS: (Amateur & Expert divisions) Standard production rules. See Section 19.
    Water cooled up to 500cc
    Air cooled, OHC, two valves per cylinder up to 650cc.
    Air cooled pushrod up to 1000cc
    Updating is allowed.
    Rain tires are allowed
    NOTE: Buell Motorcycles are excluded from this class......"

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  19. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

You know how much easier it is to work on the carbs and what not with out that huge thing in the way.

20. Red Fox Racing

Stalmate27, ok this is the end for me, with our "disscussion". I am a two time ESS NATIONAL Champion, unless you last name is Stroud, Siljestrom or the new kid from Cali, you have no reason to rag on me. I hope to put another 250 program together in the future and look forward to meeting you and your son. (Oh, ecu,s are legal in ESS) no cheater parts here, sir.