Future of the E class

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Nov 25, 2012.

1. papa911

papa911 Well-Known Member

Aren't you the guy I advised to get the kid off that first gen so he could be confident, when earlier this year he was shaken up about crashing? You stuck him back on the first gen and say " What would Stoner do? " Did he break his collarbone on the first gen after you were advised to get him off it? It appears that YOU ARE A NIGHTMARE, even if he broke it on something else. Now you are asking about a VFR? Wake up, Dad!

LISTEN- 1ST GEN NO GOOD

- 2ND GEN GOOD

- VFR NO GOOD

- CBR GOOD

2. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

You truly are an idiot there is nothing wrong with the 1st gen , plenty of them out there doin just fine . Is it the "best" bike in the class no probably not but don't make it out to be a death trap

Here we fuckin go YET AGAIN a civil conversation turn into a argument because of some jackass

The stoner comment and discussion was AFTER the season ended just to prove a point that its a lack of talent/experience not JUST the bike being old ..... Once again people reading what the fuck they wanna get outta things

You can graciously go fuck yourself

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

ASKING about the VFR has absolutely nothing to do with my plans next year , a buddy has one sitting at his shop and HE'S thinking about racing it next year ... Was JUST FUCKIN CURIOUS HOW IT WAS DOIN

4. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Damn stalecrap; you're ruining my perfectly legit thread with your insecure rants. I am setting my beeb to ignore your stankin' ass comments as the doc says I am supposed to stay even keeled with this concussion shit.
    Do me a favor: start your own thread and get out of mine. Some folks actually have constructive thoughts for the future of the class, and then some (you) are simply dicks.:moon:

5. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

YOU can join him seemed to be going just perfectly fine for awhile then dipshit chimed in with his opinion bad mouthing me pretty much just like you did to start with

It's all good I'm not the only asshole in the room

6. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

What difference does it really make how/when/why he broke his collar bone and what he was on when he did it ?? It was caused by a complete bone headed decision on his part had absolutely nothing to do with anything other then his really bad call ....

I'LL have to remember when I see the kid he goes to school with that broke his playing football that it was all the 1st gens fault

Some of the shit you people come up with absolutely blows my mind

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And some of the stuff that you're getting upset over blows mine :D

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Here's where I'm sitting after more thought with the help of all the opinions given here:

Keep the ESS class as is as long as the grid size remains and the bikes stay inexpensive and available. We have reached the point where too large a number of folks have invested in the 250s, and many have come back as the class has fortunately taken a turn to a more stock direction.
    Hell, if I ever get out of my negative post crash financial status, I may be looking for a good 2nd gen myself.

As for the 300s: the comments here have converted me to a wait and see approach, but in the present doing the DSS route as Mongo has stated. I can't wait to see a ss prepped 300 in Clubman/DSS etc. Down on power, sure; but fun as hell!!!

9. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

So after all of the BS its like I said to start with leave it alone it works as is , to many changes will just hurt the class

Which is what Mongo said on P1

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

While racing is always about money, E-SS is about being less expensive than the other classes, as well as an entry into racing for younger kids. Given that the 300s will cost more than the 250s at the outset, already makes putting them in E-SS a poor idea. That will just introduce more cheating and/or requests for more rule changes on the 250s (to be 'competitive') as already witnessed here.

I agree that E-SS stays the way it is, as stock and inexpensive as possible, and let the 300s do something else. Shoot, we dont even know how long the 300 will stay around! They should've updated the EX500 and left the 300 on the drawing board.

11. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

The nerve of some people :Poke: :D:stupid:

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ok Stale lemme help ya out here.

First off... I Have a lot of 250 experience. I have won my own fair share of races on them. So to let you know, I am one of the most knowledgeable people around these parts on these bikes. Not tooting my own horn, just saying, I know some shit about these bikes.

You're question. The VFR.. There is no such thing. It is a VTR250. And I have one, and race it. It has a better chasis than the 1st gen EX's but will be down on power. Depending on the rules of your race org.

Basically the VTR is lighter 310 then both the 1st gen EX's and the 2nd gen
    VTR-310 Dry
    1st Gen EX- 314 dry
    2nd Gen EX-330 Dry.

The VTR will always put out about 2-3hp less than the 1st gen EX. But if set up right with suspension can be made sorta compeitive. Sorta.

Now with that said. I have ridden all of the bikes mentioned. The 2nd gen EX is the best bike. If it were my son I wouldn't put him at the disadvantage of being behind the curve on the bike. The 1st gen is a turd and so is the VTR in terms of the latest models. Sure you can race them, but you will always lose rider for rider on those bikes.

The CBR is a good bike however just down too far on power to really be in the hunt.

And in regards to Mr. Hayes' comments, he is right. Not telling you how to raise your kid, but I know I want my kid on the best equipment possible, or at LEAST equal equipment. Racing is 80% mind, if he feels that he can't win on that bike, which time and time again he sees.... He's already lost in his mind. Just adding the new bike alone will boost his confidence.

And at 124lbs your son doesn't even need suspension done to the bike as it is good enough as is for his weight.

Pick up a salvaged bike for $1500-2000 and put a pipe and jet kit in it and go racing.

13. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Ya VTR my bad ... Wasn't considering it for my son a buddy has one he's thinking about racing , he's got plenty of experience and some titles to his name he can make that call

I'M leaning towards the ninja for Jr just curious on the cbr ... His first year there was absolutely no need to go in to deep on a 2nd gen before even knowing he would want to stick with it , the first gen I got dirt cheap have almost nothing in it so if he didn't like it I could throw it in a dumpster and not really care . I have zero problem with listening to what anyone on here has to say on the subject but there is zero need to come in here bashing me over a broken collar bone (he made a bad call stood it up and was still on the front brakes when he hit the grass , running 6 seconds off where he was the race before the incident earlier in the same day by about 1 hour) that has absolutely nothing to do with what bike he was on ... Hence the finding out the best option for him in the future don't wanna end up buying him 2 bikes next year

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ahhhh I gotcha. Tell your buddy to race it. Get a Factory pro jet kit for it, springs in the front, try and find a good Fox CBR F1 shock, or shoehorn a FZR400 shock in like I did and go racing. Oh leave the slip on off of it also.

But yeah, do him some justice and get him the 2nd gen. I can understand the waiting to see what would happen if he wanted to stick with it. Let a set of big tits come by a 17 year old and that could be that lol

15. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

That and convincing the ex wife that "her baby" isn't going to get killed , trust me its been a uphill battle from the first dirt bike I ever got him or he wouldn't be 17 and his first year on "a big bike"

Been looking at some already done 2nd gens or I may build one it does him good to learn thru the building process like we did with the old one , unlike some parents my son isn't just handed things (at least not from me)

16. caferace

caferace No.

Ya'll do know that what you've calling the 2nd gen is really the 3rd gen, right?

The 86-87 EX250's were a fair bit different than what you're calling first gen.

-jim

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You do know you are the only one that cares, right?

:Poke:

:D

18. caferace

caferace No.

Yes. :eek:

-jim

19. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

I care, I noticed, I was going to post the same thing but Jim got there first.
    3rd Gen, you'r all wrong.

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Look here old doods! We know that, but as Kurt pointed out we don't care.