Future of the E class

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Nov 25, 2012.

1. caferace

caferace No.

It's NOT first gen, damnit!

Please.

-jim

2. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Wasn't the real first gen motor the same as the real second gen though?

Nevermind, I forgot you wrote the book on this stuff. :D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. caferace

caferace No.

Nope. Bigger carbs.

edit: apology accepted. :D

-jim

4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

and coolers of beer too, oh the humanity.:D

5. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Mmmmmmm.... beeerr!

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

LMAO I was about to say.

Anyways.. What's sayeth guys. Let's get Chris a Lffain or what ever the hell those things are.

7. kione05

kione05 Member

New Racer in the Making

Thanks for starting this thread. Let me start by saying I have never road raced, but desire to start next year. Need to buy a bike and get a couple of track days under my belt before racing next year.

I am conflicted on what bike to buy. I was leaning towards the CBR500R, because it would be in DSS. I like the Ninja 300, but the rules allow it to be blown away in DSS; however, the reality is the grids are non-existent in the Mid-Atlantic Region. After reading this forum I am leaning towards the Ninja 300. My guess is these are the possibilities:
    1. The DSS class is rejuvenated and Ninja 300s bring people to the grid
    2. The DSS class is rejuvenated and we see Ninja 300 and CBR500R in the grid, but the 500s dominate
    3. Because of number 2 the Ninja 300 gets it own class and DSS remains the same
    4. Wera creates the a Spec Class for Ninja 300 with spec parts that balance the cost of racing

I am not in favor of changing ESS as there are a lot of people already set up to compete and why ruin a good thing at least for the West and Southeast.

The bottom line is we all need more racers and I doubt Wera will fail to respond to people on the grid. The best case scenario is we start seeing Ninja 300s and CBR500s on the grid in DSS and performance parity lead's to the creation of a new class.

Just the thoughts of a soon to be racer.

8. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Re-read DSS rules. I don't think the CBR500R is legal for the class?

9. kione05

kione05 Member

I am confused why wouldn't a water cooled twin with more than 3 valves and less than 600cc not be eligible for DSS?

I am new, so maybe I am missing something.

D SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE and D SUPERBIKE EXPERT & NOVICE
    Up to 490cc water-cooled multis
    Up to 700cc 4-stroke water-cooled twins with 3 valves or less per cylinder
    Up to 600cc air-cooled multis & water cooled twins with more than 3 valves
    Up to 883cc 4-stroke air-cooled twins
    Up to 775cc singles based on Formula Rules in DSB, SB rules in DSS
    Up to 450cc 2-stroke water-cooled twins
    Up to 500cc 2-stroke air-cooled twins
    *The TZR250 is allowed in D Superbike only and must conform to Superstock rules with no limits on bodywork. The VF500 is allowed in D Superbike only with stock displacement.
    *There will be no bodywork or tire limitations in D Superstock. D Superstock bikes do not need to have DOT approval. FZR400’s may run 17” wheels.

10. Red Fox Racing

Huh, maybe I'm confused but the last timed I checked the CBR500R was...... Wait for it.......WATER COOLED?

11. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

And last time I checked it was...wait for it...a twin.

12. Red Fox Racing

Ok, not sure how my last post ended up here, I wrote it, reread the rules, deleted it and wrote the this: huh, thank you for pointing that out. Sean and I talked about a month ago trying to see where the bike fit in and decided that it did not meet DSS rules. Again, not sure how my deleted post ended up here. See you in the class next season.

13. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

All I know is that the honda 250 is a waste of time and money on these bigger tracks. After watching guys race their 1000s at roebling road yesterday turning 12s to14s and then hop on their cbr250s and can only turn laps 5 secs off pace.....def not a rider problem. Unless its raining at Talledega I doubt a cbr250 will ever win a E race. Which kinda sucks for guys wanting contingency!

14. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

WTF is E-class? :D

15. JCHorton#132

JCHorton#132 Well-Known Member

A step above F class

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no idea what we talked about sorry - if I said it wasn't legal I could have been assuming a 4 cylinder.

17. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

What is the going price foe a 3rd Gen (kids call it a 2nd gen) 250? It has race body work, pipe & jet kit. Stock pegs and bars.
    Thank you.

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I'm selling mine for under $3k in weraclassifieds right now :D

Won a race and got on the box a few times with it...

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

i couldn't find the really long 250 thread so i'll ask here excluding the cost of the bike what is a average cost to make the a 250r track ready?

20. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

Like any bike you build you can go as crazy as you want to but if you are crafty you can do it for roughly a grand. I bought used bodywork, used piston kit for the forks, had a ohlins shock used off of cbr 600 from eBay and got it to work just like the damper. With some slight drilling had some gsxr 1000 rearsets off eBay made them work pretty easy...etc. you can spend a lot of money but I was on a budget and researched what other guys did and what works and it came out pretty good