Union greed may kill company and Mongo!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dave K, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nothing like tightening the noose on your own neck.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The unions fuck with my HoHo's and we're gonna have trouble!

4. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I've had my eye on this one for a while. My sister is pretty high up on the corporate ladder for Hostess in Kansas City. Maybe not for much longer though... :(

5. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Better stock up now! Stuff should last a few nuclear winters :)

6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Eh, "Hostess Brands Inc. is seeking court permission for a new employment deal that would hand millions of dollars to Chief Executive Brian J. Driscoll, "architect" of the company's plan to cut costs and jettison its pension plans.

In court papers filed Tuesday, the company asked a judge to bless an agreement that would guarantee Mr. Driscoll $1.5 million in a yearly base salary plus annual cash incentives and a "long-term incentive compensation award of up to" $2 million." They're all in it and greedy

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204369404577211410150254418.html

7. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

They just closed / locked out a Butternut Bread / Hostess plant here in Cincy on Monday.....

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Got any more recent info? Driscoll hasn't been at Hostess since March.

9. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

While the amount any CEO makes is an easy target.... the previous post with that article tells me that alot of those union workers are just as greedy... they just make less money

Without the new plan.. the company ceases to exist... How does that help anybody?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

*KABLAMO* :D

Sorry Kang, you just got your nuts kicked up and over your head. :D

11. cgordon3

and I still stand by my post... doesn't matter who the CEO is... the reality is still basically the same.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The reality is that the company will file for liquidation today if they don't come back to work. What's better, stand your ground and lose your job or go back to work and accept a 8% cut? Zero income or 8% less, which would you choose?

13. cgordon3

I have worked for a company when I lost a 6K bonus, and took a 10% pay cut in order to keep my job, and the company to stay solvent.

Was I happy... Hell no, but I was glad to keep the job...

The bonus came back, but the pay cut wasn't reversed, raises were from that point forward.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

It's tough when you don't actually pay attention in your quest to bitch about the man keeping everyone down :D

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

It's a bit of a shock that a company that provides this type of ..."nourishment"... would go under in the diabetes state of america... :D

16. brother_ed7

brother_ed7 brother_ed7

Dave, I completely agree. It's much better to have a job even if it's X% down from what you have been making.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I worked for a company where the union did just that.

18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LOL, I didn't do some real deep research.....obviously :D. Just did a quick search on CEO pay for Hostess and that popped up.

19. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Ehh, Little Debbie will take up the slack. They don't have to worry about the unions and still treat their employee's right.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the price is what's been hurting Hostess for a while anyway.