*BOMBSHELL!!!!* Spies signs with Suzuki MotoGP!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, Rossi back to Yamaha, Spies to Ducati and crutchlow left with a terminal case of cock in mouth disease with Tech 3.

If all that happens I'll at least have some fun on the Brit BBSs. :crackup:

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

And why would he break the news via email, to soup? Where's John?

3. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Ben would never pull a prank on us...

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yamaha will have to sign someone "big". Got to make up for the loss of Yamaha US dollars that the motogp team will lose.

Hayden to factory Yamaha! (read that on the BBS at some point and it's no more f@cked up than the rest of the shit going on this silly season). :D

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Say what you want about Dean but alot of riders seem to like him.

7. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

I doubt it is a curveball. It is Negative PR for Yamaha the way it is written using "litany of reasons" and that he hates to leave a couple of people at Yamaha(but not most?).

8. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it is Dovi and Jorge on one team, Rossi on his own team, Cal and Brad Smith at Tech 3 with Brad riding a CRT.

Silly season just turned into FULL RETARD season.

Hell, maybe Ben is joining EBoz????

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

He's going to train to win the Tour de France.

10. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Ben saying he's going where he belongs leads me to think back to SBK. Speculating.... BMW or Suzuki. I would like to see him back in SBK (a much better series IMHO) on a competetive machine battling for the lead in a pack.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Only allowed to have 4 "factory" bikes on the grid.

12. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

uh huh.

Factory bikes - Jorge, Dovi, Rossi, Cal
    CRT - B. Smith.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Missed the CRT. Too quick to reply not enough time reading.

14. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

bmw italia wsbk my guess.

Personally i am sure we will hear excuses on both sides...i just he lost the drive this season (yes some im sure was caused by clearly being #2 on the team and the teams/manf fault) but i think he's better suited on sbk's anyways, no shame in that IMO...did anyone watch BRNO WSBK last wknd?? WAYYY more exciting than any Moto GP race this year..

*then again he could as a friend pointed out be headed back to Suzuki to debut the new GSXR1000 cross plane in WSBK.... pair him with Camier on a GOOD bike and they might shock a few folks...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  15. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

In a perfect world, I'd love to see Spies, Hayden and Edwards all go back to WSBK. Think that would make an awesome racing season.

16. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that Ben might not have been receiving updates before Dovi or Cal and Big Momma might not have been too happy about that. That's just me throwing shit on the wall though.

He absolutely loves cycling more than anything and I would not be surprised to see him walk away for that. However, I'd be really bummed to see someone of his talent leave that soon. On the other hand, Ben's been a millionaire since he was 18 and kicked some massive ass, so he's obviously entitled to whatever he wants to do.

Red Bull Suzuki MotoGP ran by Kevin Schwantz and ridden by Colin Edwards and Ben Spies...

Actually, Monster Yosh Suzuki WSBK team with Hayes and Spies. Hayes is trying to get the US team to go WSBK.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think Yosh Suzuki too, since he said back where he belongs.

18. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Good for Ben. I hope he finds continued success in where ever he is going.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Care to elaborate?

Hadn't heard that Suzuki was looking to copy Yamaha's design, in fact I thought they patented it?

20. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Bitch move before he got canned ... IMO

I believe I said he wouldn't be with yamaha next year awhile ago and got the typical wera board beating because of it ....... Hmmm maybe all the people that disagreed because I'm a nobody and they know everything should listen every once in awhile

Blah Blah let it rip