To be 1million% sure - Solo20

Discussion in 'General' started by KILLEN, Apr 14, 2011.

1. mkinzer

mkinzer Well-Known Member

No joke. Some of the fastest riders in the world came from 250's. $200k 2-stroke 250's, but 250cc none the less. LOL

2. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I like it. Less risk for old fat slow guys to get run over by the $$ chasers.

In fast I think I suggested this move about a month ago.

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

thanks. I look at it as beer money anyways.....beer that my friends drink so I never enjoy the money or beer :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, looked long and hard at that but the Solo's are more than popular enough to keep - we just can't give a chunk of the income back in cash to a smallish amount of the riders.

5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I look at it as imaginary money. I've never seen any evidence that it exists anyway... :D

Okay, I keed. I won a Solo once. I also happened to finish last in that race.

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

not enought time for solo's on Sun? Still trying to remember how we used to sqeeze in 3 30min GT races and 15 sprints all in one day down in FL.
    I'm sure I'm partial because that was where I started racing

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Henry doesn't run Sunday morning practice.

8. notbostrom

1, 10 minute warm up. I guess that helps make sure Sat practice has good turn out:D
    I do miss my all day practice though, tough to get Fridays off

9. Personally, i go to track weekends to practice; i go to race weekends to race.

If it were up to me, there would only be 1 practice session in the mornings (say about 1.5x longer than what they are now) and then some of the Sprints from Sunday would be moved to Saturday.

With only 1 practice round each day and 3-4 of the Sprints moved to Saturday, maybe then the Sprints could all be 10-12 laps.

I know the biggest complaint is that not everybody can get off all weekend though.

10. notbostrom

biggest complaint is most of us old guys can't make it 10 laps :D

11. Oh yeah, that too :crackup:

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I too wish the races were longer. I like the solos better than the sprints ans wish they just had solos both days. 2 sat and 2 sunday would be ideal for me. I don't care if they pay points or money.

13. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Your finishes might be even better now :)

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

lol, aint that the truth! :crackup:

15. six6two

six6two AWD

52k just for solo payouts for the top three in a race w/ no points in one year?! Good Lord, I'm surprised you guys ever decided to pay that out in the first place... :D

16. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

With no money and no points, they sort of become glorified practice. Have you given any thought to a regional mini-endurance thing for saturday's? That way people can get into endurance racing with being able to attend more than 1 or 2 nationals that are near. And not 4/6 hour endurance - maybe like 2 hour? An endurance feeder regional giving people another option to get into racing with you - an alternative to 12 minute mad-dash sprint. Just a thought.

17. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Are the entry fees going to be the same or will they be the same as a Sprint race now since no payout ?

18. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

The other piece of news in that...

I can now make the Vegas round :)

19. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

For those that didn't really stand a chance of winning money they are already glorified practice, and the cheapest track time of the weekend.

20. six6two

six6two AWD

That's what they are anyways.... realistically the payout wasn't good enough to put a dent in the weekend, and last I checked there wasn't any contingency paid for the solo's anyways... but I haven't run one in a couple of years. I still am a fan of the solo's on saturday.