1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You might be a drama queen if...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jul 12, 2015.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Commie whore! :Poke:

:crackup:

2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

They probably thought you were a biker gang.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

But would the mayor take your call or the police respond? That is the trick the leftist would laugh and do nothing which is what should happen in both cases

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The Van Buren Boys for realz!

5. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Non emergency numbers here go directly to dispatch. Just dont take priority like 911 calls. Here someone using 911 for dumbass calls like this would be cited.

6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a situation I ran into a long time ago: I was driving my old $400.00 POS F150 down a two lane road and I see this 4 or 5 year old boy walking down the side of the road. It was obvious that he had no business being there, so I pulled over and asked him (now a little scared) where he was going. He said: "I'm running away" so I said something like " I don't think that's a good idea, Let me take you home." he says "Ok" and I let him in my truck, and take him less than a quarter mile back to his house. Then I get the police showing up at my door about a half hour later telling me someone passing by saw me stopped by the side of the road talking to the little guy and starts asking me questions about it. So I tell the cop the story and that was the end of it.

I wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing again, but the thing that really irritates me is that some person was obviously passing by, saw the situation, wrote down my license plate number, and called the police about the incident. Why the hell didn't they stop and ask what was going on? God forbid, but if I was actually going to do something heinous to that little boy, it would have already happened by the time the police knew. Sometimes I think people believe that what they are doing is somehow noble when really they are being a chickenshit.

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

There's nothing wrong with what either of you did. Good on you for taking care of hat young man.

8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I just get the feeling that it was a case of someone "not wanting to get involved" because it was too inconvenient and then easing their conscience by calling the cops. I mean, at least stop and roll down the damn window and ask what's going on, then follow the other guy to where he drops the kid off. Hell, If I were somebody else and saw me stopped talking to a little boy, the red flags would go up and would not trust that the situation was ok. I would call the cops to come right now, right there. Now that I think of it, cell phones weren't nearly as prevalent back then, so I'm not sure if the other person had that capability with them. All the more reason to get involved on the spot.

I suppose that nowadays, I would just call the cops myself and wait right there.

9. sheepofblue

But you weren't doing something bad. However as sad as it would have been that it already happened had their caution been correct it still would have helped. A person that does stuff like that with evil intent (vs your good intent) tends to repeat. While their caution would not have helped the one kid it might have saved many more.

Oh and the parents should have a talk to him as he should not have gotten in the truck with you (nothing personal) Even if your comments made good sense, walk home or have the person go get your parents.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Is that the same guy that was pissed when he saw his first fairy boat thinking that fairies did not deserve to have their own navy?:)

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Seeing where you're located, any chance that there actually was a "suspicious gang" walking about and you guys just happen to be the first group they ran into?

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Had a lady call 911 on me while driving my son home. (I adjusted his seat at a stop light) Told the dispatcher(s) "I was beating the sh** out of a kid and gave them my plate #". 6 cops showed up at my house pounding on the door like it was a felony within 5 mins of me getting home. Opened the door & walked outside...closing the door behind me and cop 1 & 2 already had an "attitude". Then the interrogation starts...(Im still clueless why they are there & know they must be mistaken). I'm not being a cooperative citizen and returning the general shitty attitude they are giving me and of course I wasnt guilty of anything.
    I kept asking "What is this about??" Exploring different avenues of what they were trying to provoke. Finally after protesting they are demanding to see my child... the "sure thing" becomes a hoax.
    So they explain what is going on after questioning my child... and I asked "is the person going to be charged with anything for wasting 6 police units time from "real" crimes... not imagined?"
    Not a single one of the cops seemed remotely interested in addressing that. Even phoned the Prosecutors office the next day to inquire about pressing charges.

13. ianjoub

ianjoub Well-Known Member

I had dept of children and families show up at my house once with a cop. They wanted to question my child. I told them no. The cop insisted that they had the right and authority to do so. I put a gun up to the window (I was inside and they were out) and told them we would all have a very bad day if they chose to come in my house without a warrant. The cop changed his tune quickly. We all (child included) had a conversation after that and they determined that they had received a bad report.

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

you must live in Mayberry. They would shoot your ass dead here for that implied threat.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    I certainly would not try that where I live...

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:stupid:

To the point I'm questioning if that really happen at all (no offense, it's just that alcohol can really give folks quite the imagination).

I'm having a REALLY hard time believing any LEO in this country would turn a blind eye to a crime that would be some serious charges here.

And that's putting aside the fact that as lame/unfounded those claims may have been regarding the child, that act alone would have supported that complaint and the State to investigate.

17. sheepofblue

I wonder what the legal rule is in a case like that if....

Sure you may question him BUT not without a lawyer present which as legal guardian I am demanding. In other words not now flat foot. I would think was you as guardian demanded that it could not be waved by a minor.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Cool story bro.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

[​IMG]