1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF? No thread on the new tax thingy?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Metalhead, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evelyne runs it, she makes less than 75k too. More than me tho.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You two must truly love this sport. Good on ya. :flag:

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

How is that relevant? We pay federal income tax on a per person basis. Why does the sum total of the state's tax contribution to the fed's have anything to do with it? Are you saying that equal earners in say, Cali and North Dakota should be treated differently by the Feds? They actually are and that is what is why the state income deduction should be abolished.

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

If your goal is equal % paid to the Feds by everyone, then you'd also have to eliminate all deductions and credits. Make it a fixed % of total income, with no allowances. Anything else, such as mortgage interest, capital gains, Section 1206 (IIRC), child credits, charitable contributions, gifts, etc., etc. etc. skew the % greatly.

5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea, on paper..:cool:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Serious question - what do you mean by this? There is nothing with regard to WERA that isn't on paper.

7. assjuice cyrus

More busting balls then anything.

You don't show you make more then 75k, but that because Wera itself pays for a lot of your things. Nothing wrong with it. Just giving you hard time that's all. :beer:

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Was I prescient, or what? :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, WERA doesn't actually pay for any of my things. WERA owns the Suzuki QUV and the RV. Other than that I have bought all of my stuff out of my paychecks. We have used the RV for vacation type stuff other than an extra day on the road or the like three times. So that's technically getting something I guess.

Hell I never even got reimbursed for the water sensor :D (which worked great thanks again!)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm thinking y'all don't like being called rich even when you are :crackup:

11. assjuice cyrus

Along with travel, food and fuel.

Really, I was just giving you a hard time. Nothing wrong with having some perks for the time and effort you put in.

Nobody can argue whatever you make, its really under paid for the hours you put in.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Travel (flights and fuel going to races) the company pays for - just like anyone on the road for work. I do sometime get a per diem but it never covers the total cost of travelling. A lot of times we don't pay ourselves anything at the events and the cost of eating while on the road comes out of my paycheck.

I get it seems like there are perqs but they don't exist. I know for you guys going to the track is a perq - and I do like my job for sure - but it's still a job and I don't get anything above and beyond my costs covered if I even get those. There are no perqs in this part of racing. Hell, I even buy my own laptops.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

We were talking middle class. Middle describes something. While the threshold points for both tails can be argued, it does really mean something relative to a distribution (in this case, income). Pew has a little calculator here based on 29/51/20% breakdowns in average income. Based on what you have reported here, you're not going to like the results. :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If the middle class is the 50% left when you take out the top and bottom 25% then to me the vast majority of the middle class are rich fuckers :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF PEW? How can it be the middle if somehow the bottom 1/4 is actually the bottom 1/3? :crackup:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BTW - Pew says 75k single person is rich bitch :crackup:

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I, too did ass/u/me that WERA paid for a substantial portion of expenses that most would have to pay out of pocket. If that's not the case, then, DAMN, dude you need to find a different line of work! :crackup:

Me & the missus are a couple steps north of the 100K annual line between us, and I definitely DO NOT feel like we're rich by any stretch of the imagination. Especially compared to the income I had/ the lifestyle we led when I was managing money.

I do know we're a helluva lot happier now even without that income.

18. Motofun352

So, we agree? :bow:

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sounds remarkably like the flat tax.

20. Motofun352

A flat tax AND a balanced budget amendment would put the people back in control of the government. Of course the Pols aren't gonna let that happen. Think about it....The G-men want to spend more, they'd have to raise the tax rate...all of the sudden people's interest would be spiked. In my Utopia a growing economy would generate additional revenues thus allowing tax rates to be reduced even further spurring growth.....