1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Aprilia RS 125/250 2T or Cagiva Mito

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by BeanEater, Nov 28, 2023.

1. BeanEater

BeanEater Member

Hi,

I'm interested in acquiring an Aprila RS 125 or 250, or a Mito, with a street title. Something on the east coast would be ideal. I'm in NY and I'm willing to travel maybe 8 hours in any direction but I will also be in Georgia this February so please keep that in mind.

Please contact me if you have one for sale or may in the future.

I posted this thread here: https://forums.13x.com/index.php?forums/wanted-to-buy-or-trade.46/ but I don't want to miss an opportunity so I've put this WTB into this 2 stroke sub-forum instead. I hope that is alright with the mods!

Thank you very much!

2. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

We have 2 Silver Aprilia RS250 MK1's in stock.
    One is standard, other is modified and has a dry clutch SP engine.
    Address/cont. below...

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Sent you a PM

4. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

What took you so long?

EDIT: NM. You just missed his initial post.
    EDIT2: Biaggi or GTFO.

5. SpeedWerks Racing

He really wants a mito or 125,,,,Big difference in value between the 125's and the RS250 Streetbikes..

6. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Member

I'm interested in your 250's (already have a RS125)but I can't seem to find them on your sight. Can you post a direct link to them?

7. SpeedWerks Racing

What is this wEbs!te uPdaT3 l!nk you speak of???
    They are not processed in and have not been touched, yet alone advertised,,
    we usually wait until the machines sold, as the varying degrees of resto/custom shit people want.

BTW, We would gladly pay or trade whatever for some website help,,if you know anyone....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  8. BeanEater

BeanEater Member

9. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Member

10. BeanEater

BeanEater Member

Oh yea 8k is very doubtful. My last post quoting you was meant to say that I'm willing to spend quite a bit more on a 125 than the mito and rs125 between 3-5k that I ran across a few years back. I should have said it more bluntly. My bad.

11. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Member

I understood fully. My question of a 250 for 8K was because of this 91 RGV250 I just looked at I can get for 6K. Same friend that my wife bought my RS125 from. I think it's a good price but it needs the Winter spent on it with elbow grease and with just under 9K miles pull the jugs and check things. Also right fairing has a little rash from a slow speed tip over by the original owner. It does not have a title but here in Nevada getting a plate is easy on a 17 digit VIN dirt bike two stroke so hopefully this short VIN won't be too bad.

12. nowayout

nowayout Well-Known Member

Found this on FB Aprilia Marketplace $6950

Attached Files:

13. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t make any assumptions unless you have personal experience registering “modern” bikes without 17-digit VINs that automatically decode because they’re already in their information systems. In most states it’s very difficult to impossible w/o proper paperwork. That typically means a transferable title/ registration from another U.S. state. Or all the import paperwork showing it’s legit (DOT HS-7, EPA 3520-1, CBP 7501, export paperwork depending on where it came from, English translations, etc.). The American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators have been activists against imported vehicles for a few years now and many states have tightened their laws and policies. Coupled with poor staff training at the DMV offices, some states won’t allow you to register ANY imported vehicle even though it was legally imported and compliant with all federal laws governing the importation of older vehicles that are typically exempt from most safety and emissions regulations. And therein lies the rub. Many vehicles are getting caught up in the quest to banish JDM Kei class “mini trucks” and RHD cars.

see article for more info: https://jalopnik.com/here-is-the-organization-behind-the-many-states-banning-1848104429

14. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Member

Thanks for the heads up!

15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member

I've got a red one, early 90s. Took the top end off to rebuild and haven't done anything since. PM if interested, very clean bike. In MA.

16. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

17. zx250r

zx250r Well-Known Member

Ive got a converted cup bike street plated in FL I would consider selling. Email if interested hadrian viceroy @ Gmail. Com

18. wolfie109

wolfie109 Well-Known Member

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

20. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

If it's not a scam, it's gone already and/or he's about to change the price to $10k. But I sent him an email anyway...