1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Street Titled Aprilia RS 125 or Cagiva Mito

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by BeanEater, Nov 16, 2023.

1. BeanEater

BeanEater Member

Hello,

This is my first post. I'm searching for a RS 125 2t or a Cagiva Mito, with a street title, somewhere on the east coast. I've also put a WTB post for these bikes on an Aprilia forum but have had no luck there so far. If you have one available then please contact me. I'm also interested in a RS 250 however they seem to cost more than I'm willing to pay. Thanks and have a great day.

2. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Finding an RS250 is a lot easier. I may/may not check bookface every few days:

RS125 for $7k near Tampa: https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...h&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

RS250 for $10k in Miami: https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...h&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

Now that they're 25 years old, a steady stream of 250s have been coming in, mostly Japanese tho. I personally expect prices to come down. How deep could the market of 50yo guys who can still fold themselves onto one of them possibly be?

3. BeanEater

BeanEater Member

LOL thank you very much! I'm one of those stubborn guys who has refused facebook so I've not been able to search on it. My lady friend does however have a facebook account so I guess I need to start using her FB account.

4. BeanEater

BeanEater Member

Just realized that the 2-Stroke Machines sub-forum seems to have many for sale ads. Alright with the moderator(s) is I post a wanted ad there? I don't want to step on any toes. Thanks very much.

5. nowayout

nowayout Well-Known Member

6. BeanEater

BeanEater Member

Thanks very much. Your help is absolutely appreciated however I do THINK that is a 4 stroke. I was at the Ulster GP back in either 2016 or 2107 and the Ultralightweight/Lightweight pack was all 2 smokers hauling a$$ with two or three 4 stokes a solid 20 seconds or so behind 'em (maybe it was the racers and not the bikes. Idk.). At least it felt that long. I'm sure it's an awesome bike but 2 stroke is really what I'm looking for.

nowayout likes this.
  7. nowayout

What's the budget for a RS250 2 stroke?

8. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Username checks out for 2 stroke love

9. BeanEater

BeanEater Member

I'd rather not go over $8K on either a 125 in great shape or a 250 in good condition. When I started this thread I didn't think anyone would sell a 250 in reasonable shape for $8k which is why I was just looking for a 125. Obviously the price depends on the condition of the bike, not just the model. I missed a great deal on a Mito and another on an RS250 a couple years ago so I'm hoping to run across another great deal. Thankfully I am patient with this stuff. Please keep in mind that I'm not a buy and sell kind of guy. Once I get my hands on one, it ain't goin' nowhere for a very long time.

LOL to Mechdziner714. It took me a moment to get the joke.

Oh and if anyone will unload a Rokon cheap then I'll just take that instead.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

My mito has no (US) title and is also not for sale :D one day it will receive its 350 . Just bought the custom chambers a few months back.

good luck with your search

there are always some for sale in the UK. Might even be worth shipping one over here…

11. BeanEater

BeanEater Member

350cc, From a Banshee? Good luck with the swap and I will definitely see what they have overseas. Thanks

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

rz350

check out www.mito350.com

BeanEater likes this.
  13. BeanEater

BeanEater Member

Lol I should have thought rz350 but at least wikipedia says, "The Banshee utilized a two-stroke twin-cylinder non-powervalve system version of Yamaha's RZ350" so thankfully I wasn't too far off. Provided wikipedia is correct... Sounds awesome!

Phl218 likes this.
  14. nowayout

I know someone selling a 1999 RS250 street legal 2 smoke but he's asking $11k

Phl218 likes this.
  15. BeanEater

BeanEater Member

Thanks for letting me know and yeah unfortunately that's beyond my price limit. My gut says a 125 will likely end up in my garage.

nowayout likes this.
  16. BeanEater

BeanEater Member