1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB 1993 VFR750

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by StanTheMan, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Where and when are you picking them up from?

2. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

The mechanic is bringing them from near Chicago to Greeneville TN. I’m picking them up there. The weekend after thanksgiving

3. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Sorry. Any VFR mechanic worth their salt knows that you don't need to check valves until 100k.
    :rolleyes:

4. StanTheMan

Bikes have arrived in Greeneville TN where they’ll stay for a week or so till I can get up there to pick them up. Thanks to those in the WERA board who hooked me up with seriously-good people to make my bucket list item come to fruition! And thanks to @kylecarver for babysitting them for a week. You guys rock!

ducnut likes this.
  5. StanTheMan

Safe and sound in @kylecarver’s basement

Attached Files:

tzrboy likes this.
  6. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

The Maytags have aged well :)

7. StanTheMan

Picked up the VFR’s Saturday afternoon from Kyle Carver in Greeneville TN, who was nice enough to babysit them for a week till I could drive up to get them after my mechanic brought them to TN from his shop in Illinois. Both bikes are amazing and sound better than any street bike I’ve ever owned. I’m keeping the 93 and will now sell the 92. Tried to upload photos but the file is too large for here. Damn.

Chasingstatuszx10r likes this.
  8. white wings

white wings Well-Known Member

Message sent, you're going to love the pieces I have for your new bike!!!

9. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

I've been following this thread for awhile. Love it.....I have a 92 VFR I purchased from a helicopter pilot in Kansas. He purchased it out of Alabama....the name escapes me. Granite blue with all the options, clock , seat cowl and I think center stand. It's on loan to my son-in-law in Minnesota. Such a wonderful motorcycle, just wish I could get some replacement plastics for it. Those white ones are awesome! Send snaps later!

10. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

I’m interested in the ‘92 that you’re looking to sell. Email me at [email protected]
    Bill

11. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

Evl twn....what instrument is that your using next to multimeters?

12. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

He synced the starter valves on my ‘98 VFR, with it.

14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Just for synchronizing, making an oil manometer works just as well, and is dirt cheap.

15. Insomniac

Insomniac Member

This is one of my favorite threads on the site, been following for a bit as the older VFRs are also dream bikes for me. Any more updates on the bikes? They look great from the pictures.

ducnut likes this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

They’re not getting any cheaper and only more scarce. Best to get to looking.

17. Insomniac

Insomniac Member

I know.. I need to make some space and just do it already.

ducnut likes this.
  18. StanTheMan

Ok if anyone has a solution here let me know. I took several photos with my iPhone and when I try to attach them here it says the file is too large. I’m not computer-savvy enough to know how to makes file smaller. I have a bunch of great photos to share, just can’t get them on here.

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

If you have a google account, save the images to your google photos...then in your google photo album, click on the image, do a "Copy Image Link", then here select the little "image" icon in the tools above and paste that link in the box. I did it with this image in my google images folder. I took this shot at Indy in 2014.

[​IMG]

20. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Tap Upload a file like usual. Select the pic you want to upload and bottom center where it says “actual size” select medium or large. Whichever puts the file size below 1mb.

Double check camera privacy settings in the main settings app first. If location services is enabled it will have gps coordinates attached to the pic. If you care about that sort of thing you’ll need to retake those pics(easiest method).

ToofPic likes this.