1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB 1993 VFR750

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by StanTheMan, Feb 10, 2021.

1. cmc2bpc

cmc2bpc New Member

I have a '90 VFR 750 that is in good condition. What person are you using for the restoration? I'd like to do the same!

2. evl_twn

evl_twn V4 Uber Alles

I didn't even think about it, but maybe I should have been posting the updates here instead of just texting pics? :) I can do a photo dump and storyline if anyone is interested, this bike will be really something when we're done with it.

Teaser pic of the carbs...

DSCN0467.JPG

3. evl_twn

evl_twn V4 Uber Alles

The video is public. Not much to see, just some VFR revving but ya gotta love the gear driven cam noise. :) We're now getting to the final stages of sorting everything out and doing final assembly soon.

Rehh likes this.
  4. evl_twn

evl_twn V4 Uber Alles

I've been riding/wrenching on VFR's since 1987 when I bought my first one, a brand new leftover 1986 red/white/blue 86 VFR750. Unfortunately I'm not the fastest guy when it comes to restorations and working on stuff, mostly because I'm a bit OCD and I still have a regular day job. My plate is pretty full with other projects going on, but either myself or Joe Nelson at http://v4dreams.com/index.html are thorough VFR guys. What work are you needing done?

This is my last project, just wrapped it up a couple of months ago. I was planning on hanging on to this one, but other projects and interests are calling so I'm thinning the herd a bit:

https://raresportbikesforsale.com/featured-listing-1992-honda-vfr750f/

Rising likes this.
  5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Wow. I had a 92. I bought it wrecked and had it painted red like the 91. Technically what color is the '92? I know it looks black but I remember it being called something else and it had metallic in it if I remember correctly.

6. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

7. cmc2bpc

cmc2bpc New Member

Sent you a message. Thanks

8. evl_twn

evl_twn V4 Uber Alles

"Granite Blue Metallic" :)

Rising likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

10. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

If still looking for a guy to work on VFR's, check Sebspeed in the catskills NY. Shot of a 3rd gen he's building up for someone. I saw the starting point in person, and I probably would have scrapped it out. Frame up restore with some custom mods (USD forks, fork extenders, custom triples)

[​IMG]

cmc2bpc, Heisenberg and L8RSK8R like this.
  11. white wings

white wings Well-Known Member

I have so many VFR 750 goodies available it's not funny (including low miles 1997 model). Hit me up, I was about to list this stuff on VFRworld.

• Penske shock sprung for a 185 pound rider on a 4th gen VFR750. After doing some research I was told this model Penske designed originally for an Aprilia Futura. 'm happy to provide you with the links to other members/riders that have done this mod. This was going to be one of the 2 carbed track bikes I was going to keep. I also have the front end suspension I planned on using (see below). Looking for $500 on this shock plus shipping.
    • CBR600rr stock forks with Ohlins cartridge's designed to match the above referenced rear shock. I also have the triples for this swap as well as the front wheel BUT shipping the wheel right now will be pricey. $900 for the forks plus shipping (open to negotiations on the other parts mentioned)
    • 2-bros racing left exit exhaust. This was found on a bike in a field when I was walking through looking at other random bike parts I needed. I saw a 2 bro's race color on bike and noticed most parts were off the bike that I would want except this set up. IT IS NOT TITANIUM, from what I could tell, it appeared to be a stainless set up.. I brought the kit to a metal sop here in Broomfield CO and ask them to clean it up and dip it in a protective nickel coating. I would like to see $900 on this set up plus shipping.
    • 1997 VFR750 with 14k miles. I bought this from a gentleman in Breckenridge and failed to get a bill of sale signed with the bike as per the rules in title transfers here in CO. I tried to find him again and could not locate his number. My search stalled and I just figured I go go through the bonded title process if I ever wanted it on the street again. I do have a signed title, just no bill of sale. Factory sub frame and bodywork are gone but I do have some race fairings I planned on mounting to this and a few subframe options for the new owner to try. $1200 on what I have for this.

12. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

I know of one in GA with 4k miles. Not a 93 though. Does it have to be a 93? This is the 94-97 model I believe.

13. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer, I found a 93 white one and it’s in the process of restoration. Should be ready in the not-too-distant future. I’m stoked

14. StanTheMan

The two bikes I found are 99% done. Will be picking them up probably Thanksgiving weekend. 9E74DE06-CEED-4888-AC34-DE288D697A8C.jpeg

tzrboy, Rehh, evl_twn and 2 others like this.
  15. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Watcha gonna do with the second one?

16. StanTheMan

The one on the left, I’m going to sell. I paid $3500 for it, and will sell it for that.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

He’s a good dude. Glad you got something worked out.

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I need it like a hole in the head, but details??? Does it look as good all over as in the pic?

Seiko likes this.
  19. StanTheMan

the bike on the left belonged to the mechanic that did the restoration work for me. He went through the entire bike (adjusted valves, rebuilt carbs, everything was looked at). The bike is a 1991 with rare 1993 white bodywork. According to Brian, the mechanic doing the restoration, the bike is mechanically perfect.

20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’ll vouch for that. I’ve seen both bikes and know how meticulous his work is.