1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would I have gone to jail if I...?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Oct 18, 2017.

1. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

It all starts in the parking lot for me then quickly goes downhill as I enter the store.

2. I don't have a problem with slow...as long as they are doing it as fast as they can. If their "fast" is still slow, so be it. They are doing their best.

But someone can be slow, while still be efficient.

Somebody knows they are going to the store. They can fill out their check with the store name, date, etc ahead of time. They can look for their pen prior to getting in line. They can fill out the register in the car. So on and so forth.

As long as someone is prepared and efficient, that can go a LONG way towards overcoming top speed deficits.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Most likely.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Get in the damn self checkout lane, fool. You can go as fast as you like! :p:D

panthercity and Gorilla George like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Until you get an item that won't scan...

sbk1198, stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  6. I do. :D

It is so much less stressful for me.

The funny thing is, even if the self-checkout is slower because I am not as good at doing it, that is ok because I am in total control of the situation/speed.

It isn't so much the outright speed that bothers me; I have nothing to do all day except workout. I just can't handle being forced to wait on someone else. It makes my skin crawl and my whole head will get as red as a stop sign. :crackup:

RNYC and sbk1198 like this.
  7. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

What about people paying cash and then neatly putting their change away and putting the bills in order before they step away from the register? Or having a 5 minute conversation with the bank teller after cashing your check while 6 more people are in line behind you?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So you were the asshole behind me this morning. Stick your attitude where the sun don't shine!

pscook likes this.
  9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

OK, that makes at least two self-important assholes in this thread.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Was she hot? The bitch not the old lady. or the cashier. Well, were they hot as well?

11. :crackup:

The "asshole" part I'm not going to argue with.

But I never said I was more important than anyone else. I just said it fucking pisses me off when people don't do shit with purpose and efficiency.

That doesn't mean they aren't entitled to do it as slow as they want, it doesn't mean they don't have the right to move slow, or any of that. They have just as much of a right to move slow as I do to move fast.

But their slow shit pisses me off.

sbk1198 and panthercity like this.
  12. condon66

condon66 Member well known

None of that pisses me off as much as someone at a convenience store buying scratch offs and asking which fucking number the roll is on and buying or not buying based on the number and if they don't like the number asking what number this one is on or that one is on.....then the mother truckers move over half a foot to let you up to the register while they stand there and start scraping. My utmost urge is to grab a fistful of hair at the back of their head and drag them out the fuckin store like I'm Stone Cold Steve Austin or some shit!

Metalhead and Banditracer like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I was at Target when I just moved and the cashier was doing her thing, and then there was a coupon on like a bag of chips or something that you could use now that wasn't working. It took a couple minutes for it to get sorted. The lady behind me, huffed and puffed, after putting some stuff on the conveyor belt and then just left it there and her full cart and exited the store.

That was a Welcome to Surbubia Entitlement 101 class for me.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

FTFY ;)

cha0s#242 likes this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Grocery shop Saturday morning, dingdong. :)

panthercity and Gorilla George like this.
  16. Well....

You should have gotten the fuck out of the way. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  17. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

Ok, I don't even drink soda, but this grinds my gears - people who use the self-service soda machine and after they fill their cup proceed to drink approximately half of it while still standing in front of the machine. They get extra bonus points if they smack their lips or make 'glug, glug' sounds while doing it.

John

badmoon692008 and Gorilla George like this.
  18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

What grinds my gears is people signing their own posts on the beeb. Their name is right there beside their post, on the left, for crying out loud :D

Sabre699 and Gorilla George like this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That is a wonderfully descriptive word.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sucker.

Gorilla George likes this.