1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst piece of shit you ever owned:

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Nov 17, 2011.

1. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine had a Fiat 850 Spyder that had a voracious appetite for pushrods.

I remember him saying his Norton Commando had a bigger engine, and that the Commando could go up mountain roads faster, but the Fiat was faster downhill.

2. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Targus laptop... we used to have to WHACK them to turn them on... Really fun going through airport security....

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Almost forgot the 88 BMW 318i I bought new in Aus. Had it for a whopping 2 months. Freaking front suspension kept clanking and jerking the wheel. Dealer's service mgr had the nerve to tell me I need to take a driving course when I brought it in to get the damn thing fixed. I just whipped out my road racing licenses and just looked at him. The dealer gave me my money back for the car and went straight to a Ford dealer and bought an 88 Ford Falcon XF. Wish I brought it over when I moved back here.

Friend has a 99 748 that he thinks is the end of all motorcycles. But since he couldnt keep up with the rest of us with it he put a big bore kit in it and has nothign but problems with it. He wont sell it because "he wont get back all themoney he put in it".:rolleyes:

4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be kinda difficult, since they drive on the wrong side of the road Down Under? :D

5. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

2001 Lotus Espirit. Bought it brand new from a shit head dealer in Connecticut, drove it 11 miles before it caught fire and burned to the ground on the side of the highway. Nothing left but a pile of ashes. Then the dealer tried to fuck me by saying I was driving it to fast before the break in period and didn't want to replace the car or give me my money back. I now own the property where the dealer used to be....heheh.

6. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

7. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

what color was the car? I seem to remember that one.
    Yeah you hit the dealer comment on the head I do remember them.

8. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

That's all good, but did you make him your b!tch? :D

9. BikeniteTommy

BikeniteTommy Banned

Poor boccarp. I bet he only had minimum PIP insurance coverage too.

Talk about pieces of shit. I had a Bugatti Veyron once and never again will I stoop to buying a piece of crap like that.

10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I heard that.

The ones I hear about have an affinity for bodies of water.

11. eagletangogreen

eagletangogreen Well-Known Member

BMW S1000RR:down:

12. JD¹³

JD¹³ Turbo Slow

This is the biggest POS I ever owned. I'll never buy another Italian bike as long as I live unless it's a 3rd or 4th ride.

[​IMG]

13. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

It's easy to do. They make my old Norton look like an engineering masterpiece.

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

A 1963 International Harvester 656 tractor....work an hour/fix an hour

or

1973 Hodaka Wombat...never really ran, ever. Perhaps the WORST transmission ever designed.

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I loved my `73 Wombat! Good run-around-town bike that I could race cross country with on the weekends in East Texas.

As long as you took care of the ball-detent spring, the tranny was fine.

YMMV

16. LudjakR1

LudjakR1 Well-Known Member

98 BMW M3 It was a love and hate relationship. I had the e46 M3 as well and not that many problems and now have an x5 knock on wood good so far but the e36 spent too much time being fixed

17. 418

418 Expert #59

:Pop:

18. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I see this is about played out, but I can't resist, I am old and a formerly (long time ago) poor student, so I have had my share. Hm, where to start. 1958 VW van 36 hp that puked chunks when the #3 exhaust valve broke, every 25-30,000 miles, once in the middle of the dez between Barstow and Needles, for instance, or out on Hwy 5 in the middle of nowhere, San Joaquin Valley. Worst was on the way home from a race at the Salinas Sand Pit in winter 1971, I had cartwheeled over the fence, minor argument about possession of that part of the track, and somebody helped me load up, and boom, in Morgan Hill, CA. Late Sunday nite, in winter, had to pull the spark plug so it would get home, with the broken wrist. And I had to pump the brakes AND pull the emergency to stop it, for years. Had that in college and law school.

Or an Austin A40, a quart of oil a day, no foolin"--like a blue curtain behind it. Needed rings, kinda. Or a Renault R8, took 12 hours to go 180 miles, head gasket. Or, 58 Volvo, same thing. Or 65 El Camino, pull back floor mats, examine road surface. Minor body rust. Or a mid engine '65 Dodge van that thankfully, finally burned, before it killed me.

Motorcycles? how about, say, a Honda Superhawk with a dead tranny, and when you gassed it, it turned the kickstarter --which I had to use because the electric start wouldn't work, except when you used the kickstarter, you broke the side cover. Oops. An iron Triumph Thunderbird dirt tracker. '56? Weighed like, as much as a Gold Wing. Phew.

19. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Well , one thing is for sure, we have all had are fair share of shit.:down:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  20. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I found lots to laugh about out loud about in this thread, common experiences with rusty American land yatch-its, Fiats, English sports cars in general, Lotus and Spitfire in particular, and Beemers, 2 and 4 wheel. And bright red Ducatis, good grief don't get me started. Bought my first one after an unhappy divorce, it was beautiful, and high performing, and fragile, and incredibly frustrating, not unlike the ex, and in spite of all its troubles I found great solace in the fact that when it was gettin' on me, I could walk in the house and close the garage door behind me and leave it behind. Which I could not do with the ex...LOL