1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst piece of shit you ever owned:

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Dunlop

Dunlop Well-Known Member

Truth

Sadly I still have this Bikebonic plague of parts in my garage. I have a US spec 1995 Ducati 916 Strada (Desmoquattro engine) that I took to Spain where the problems began (this dealership was later dropped by Ducati for their incompetence). First the bike caught fire from some sort of electrical voodoo near the battery, oil seeped from between the crankcases, rear wheel hub eccentric wore away at itself, starter clutch wore out, flaking rockers, had to weld a hole in the oil cooler from the ABS panel wearing through, fork seal leaking, and best for last the crankshaft snapped the day after shifting the wrong way and hitting 12,500 rpm or so with 40,000 miles on the engine.

On the other hand I now have a 2002 Ducati 998 with 26,000 problem free miles. Follow your maintenance intervals!

Attached Files:

2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Who wants a kit bike? :D

Offers?

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

You can have RHD here. Just really didnt think about bringing it along with me at the time. I did look into importing a 2002-03 Falcon XR8 back in 04. Abount $30-40K for the car alone and another 30-40K to get it DOT'ed and EPA'ed along with a 6 month wait although I'd get most of the extra $30-40K back once the car passed.

I like having oddball vehicles. Makes them easy to spot in a parking lot. Want to find a rust free Yugo just to put a grand national turbo v6 in it and go out and mess with the fast and frivilous morons.

4. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

'79 Porsche 911 SC.

It had a kit on it that looked great as a '98 Twin Turbo wide-body. Newer wheels from an '04 C4S. But the motor, suspension, interior was all '79 OEM.

It looked cool and when it ran, it handled well. Never really ran 100% but I could drive it for about 2-3 month intervals between having it in the shop for 9-12 months.. haha. I once had to replace the ignition and when I realized the part alone was almost $1,000 I knew it was time to let go. I did sell it for more than I bought it for, but I probably spent double that in maintenance over 3 years.

I really wanted to roll it off a cliff a few times.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

this pos sumsung intercept phone. droid. have had it about a year. face is smashed, from dropping it. the os blows. thing freezes. restarts on its own. hangs on start up simultaneously killing the battery. it took 3 hours of restarting today before this thing finally caught and ran. oh...and my laptop no longer recognizes it. yesterday someone called me, and it went through the selected song as a ringtone 2x. it was frozen. i had to pull the battery out of it to make it stop. any pics i take, i have to email to myself. i hate it.