1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK | 2019 | Round 2 | Pirelli Thai | Mar 15 - 17

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

badmoon692008, turbulence and Phl218 like this.
  2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Not looking good for Chaz. I'm wondering if Duc legal is starting to review the fine print and slide another GP rider in.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Petrucci might be there next year if he doesn’t do well this year, Bagnaia will get his seat. That would be a strong ass team though, Pretucci and Bautista. I can dig it...

4. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Reading on the gpone.com site, looks like he is struggling with his weight and how it translates to the setup on the bike. I expect Rinaldi to step up.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Watching Race 1 on BEIN right now. Interesting, Melandri's R1 does the same speed wobble down the straight that his Ducati did last year. That's interesting, I wonder what odd-ball chassis setup he is using unique to him that causes that. He's a small guy, but its not like he's the only small guy out there, so it can't only be a weight issue.

busa99, cpettit and sdiver like this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

My uneducated guess would be, that he likes his bike really short maybe?

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

When Haslam and Melandri banged bars it was funny how Marco looked over but Leon kept it pinned head down haha

8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

To be fair, part of the slip was due to being banged by Rea. He almost slipped out of the race.

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

10. 418

418 Expert #59

The acceleration difference between the Rea's and Bautistas bike was laughable. That Panigale moved out once they stood their bikes up.

I wonder if the difference is the front wing allows Ducati to feed more power in and not have the thing wheelie all over the place.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If it does, its certainly not helping Chaz and Eugene (they both crashed), and Rinaldi who finished, mehh

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The 'Rea Deserves a GP Ride' chorus sure has died down a tad....

:D

14. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Ok, just watched the world super sport race, and on the cool-down lap the announcer was talking about Jules Cluzel having to use right-foot shifting on his R-6 because of his left ankle injuries. As Cluzel was coming around on the cool-down lap, you could actually see his right foot shifting. First of all, that's impressive as hell he could train his brain to use the other foot to shift, but also impressive that someone figured out how to convert an R-6 to right-hand shifting. Amazing.

15. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was a glitch or something, but I was just able to watch the full race 2 on WorldSBK.com without a subscription...

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wonder if they'll neuter the Ducati or open up the Kawasakis and Yamahas.

That was boring.

17. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Sooo, who does not think Bautista is going to walk away with the championship?

18. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Open up the Kawasaki and Yamahas?

Ducati from the factory - 16000, WSBK 16350
    Kawasaki from the factory - 14300, WSBK 14600

Couldn't find Yamaha. So, Kawaski already has more than the bike on the show room floor. Even if they backed Ducati back down to the street bike rev limit, they would still be higher than Kawaski.

turbulence likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Too early to even say that. I think the ducati nut chop is coming.

418 likes this.
  20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

exactly. people keep bitching about revs... ducati built a better (higher revving bike at the very least) from the factory.

don’t punish innovation... force the others to step up or keep losing.

and has been mentioned over and over, the Rev thing STILL isn’t helping the other Ducs.

it’s the combination of a good bike ridden by a really good, ex-GP rider. period.