1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you use air travel in the near future?

Discussion in 'General' started by BROsiah, May 7, 2020.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

ATL-LAX RT in September is $133 on SWA and other carriers. Cost of my rental car for a week will be more expensive.

2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Spain just implemented a similar quarantine measure for new travelers. Wife and I’s trip isn’t looking so good now. Wonder how long that will last.

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So you're saying even with Covid-Wuhan-Kung Flu running around things are "status Quo" at the FAA???? :crackup::crackup:

BROsiah likes this.
  5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Headed to Jackson WY in the not to distant future. No qualms at at about flying.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'll admit to being alittle nervous, but....flying Delta ATL to Little Rock, Ar today.....back saturday.

This experience is going to tell me alot. Direct 1.5 hr flight.

7. chrysta1

chrysta1 Well-Known Member

Full Flights in Economy today Columbus to Charlotte and Charlotte to Tampa. a few open seats in 1st class, which we had for the first leg.

8. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I flew to Des Moines and back earlier today and Chicago Center seemed fairly busy.

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

It’s a small step but passed my commercial written today. Time to get flying! FK Covid

motion, 418, code3ryder and 9 others like this.
  10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

That's because one controller is handling about 4 frequencies. :crackup:

11. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Valid point. We keep Flightaware running on a monitor in our office and it seems like things are a little more normal (whatever that is).

Gino230 likes this.
  12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Hopefully noone else who is flying Delta needs to make flight changes. 1 to 3 hour waits on the Premium line and it is fairly apparent that they did not keep the best agents. I just tried to change a flight and the guy on the other end of the line insisted that the flight I wanted was not available and sounded like he was pissed off that I was even trying to get a flight changed. The Delta site, Google Flights and Travelocity all showed it as a valid flight with lots of seating. I went so far as to book up till the "pay now" page on Deltas site and it was showing me that it was still a valid flight but Captain Fumblefuck couldnt find it. I want my nice southern ladies that know what they are doing back...

cpettit likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is a bummer, I have honestly actually enjoyed calling their customer service when I've needed to.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I finally got an agent that knew what they were doing on the 3rd try and it was the seamless issue resolution that I am used to from Delta. It was still a long wait though. What the agent told me was they furloughed most of the Sr. people and are understaffing with lower paid less experienced people to save money...

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't blame them a bit but it does suck.

16. CharlieY

ATL was a ghost town both Thursday afternoon and Saturday.

Plane was about 20% full both ways.

17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Cause and effect Charlie...:D

18. CharlieY

Heck man, I'd keep it this way foreveaa if I could!

No traffic driving to work.....a whole row to myself on a flight.

FINALLY getting the respect I deserve Scudder! now get off my lawn!:beer::rock:

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood my post Charlie...

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I know air travel is all jacked up at the moment but I just let my boss know I’m going full time flight training and we’re going to figure out an exit plan.

I’ve been putting this off for years with a “real job” life is too short and it’s time to
    Follow my dreams

YamahaRick likes this.