1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you use air travel in the near future?

Discussion in 'General' started by BROsiah, May 7, 2020.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Absolutely.

I have to fly into Dulles from MSP Memorial Day. Work ya know.

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I already hate airline travel. Covid aint changing my opinion any better or worse

Banditracer likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The girls love to fly.

I prefer to drive.

This summer when we journey east, we’ll be driving and dragging the fuzzy faced fleabag along with us. What the future holds, I dunno, but I will always opt for mile marker mental therapy over slaughterhouse queueing and blue glove groping.

SundaySocial likes this.
  4. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

as much as i hated flying, i am actually looking forward to hopping somewhere in the near future. was close to flying to Dallas to buy a Husky, but found another way.

positive side effect: the mouth breathers will stay put thanks to the media scare.

ChemGuy likes this.
  7. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I hate flying (mostly because of the hurry up and wait nature of it and sitting in airports), but I have to do a lot of it for work. As soon as my company allows us to travel again by plane, I'll be booking a couple of work trips. Hoping that a lot of people won't be traveling anytime soon and that will make flights a bit more convenient and cheaper. I would be totally ok with airlines just removing middle seats in their planes lol

Senna and turbulence like this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I know right! But, it's a start I guess.

9. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I have a flight booked for end of this month, planning to go. Fare was cheap. I'll be careful, but probably NOT as careful as I was when I had to go through LAX at the very end of February, when it was still busy and flights were full and they were not cleaning as thoroughly as they are now. I'm expecting and hoping that it will not be crowded and I won't have to sit close to anyone.

10. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Hepa air filters on the plane will filter out the virus. Delta is using a disinfectant sprayed on the plane (At the gate) that is electrically charged and cling’s to all surfaces. The spraying takes about 22 minutes for a narrow body aircraft.

Gino230 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Great, more things to get in the way of my damn shoulders. Even as fat as I am my gut isn't an issue (other than some tables in first but it's not like I get up there often enough to care) but my shoulders absolutely do not fit in the seats as it is. At least with Delta doing comfort plus I don't have the issues of not being able to fit my legs in front of me.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You ever run through Canadia for the trip down east?

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

+1

I went to Syracuse in 1992 for a work conference. The flights to and from had a stop in Pittsburgh. On the way back, we're all boarding and this guy's already in his seat when we get on board. He's 400 pounds at least. Neck looks like a pack of hot dogs. He's in a seat in front of me and sweat is just pouring down those hot dogs implanted in his neck. It's a full flight. Last couple on board is elderly. Tubby is in the wrong seat..he's in theirs, so he has to move. He leaves his sweat drenched seat for the correct one. The husband sits in the sweaty seat so his wife won't have to endure that on hop to Pittsburgh.

Well, his correct seat is next to my coworker, who is in a window seat. My coworker had to spend the hop from Syracuse to Pittsburgh with is face pressed against the window he was so pushed over by this guy's fat ass. We got to Pittsburgh to change to our home flight to BWI. When my buddy got off the plane in Pittsburgh, his whole right side of his body was covered in the fat guys sweat. Like he had been hit by a garden hose or something.

Not sayin' you're anything like that Mongo...just reminded me of that happening way back when.

turbulence and Rico888 like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My ass and gut don't spread to other seats (well, unless no one is there and I spread out on purpose). Luckily the boss is usually next to me and she's short enough that if I keep my arm by her tucked in or slid forward my shoulder goes essentially over her shoulder. Of course even doing that I'll get some moron on the aisle who wants to lean towards me the entire flight, that's when I lean back :D

Oh yeah, she likes the window seat so I am always in the middle. Always....

15. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I am a the guy everyone hates to sit next to (6'5' 230#) which make me bigger than the seat in every manner. I was 'On site support' for 20 years ('87-'07) as much as 45 weeks a year. Typically ~two weeks at a time.
    Commercial aircraft configurations have morphed for one consideration; capacity. No concerns for passenger size or comfort, and most people seem to leave their manners at home.
    Now, we fly for emergencies, otherwise it is a drive. We can stop or go based on our whims. We usually take dog(s), a bicycle(s), or a motorcycle along. The travel becomes a part of the (ad)venture. With current teleconference capabilities, if you don't have to put your hands on/into something, why bother ?

Senna likes this.
  16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It'll be fun getting in and out of those seats, especially if someone in front has their seat reclined.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd be good with removing reclining seats :D

turbulence likes this.
  18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Glad to see we have a number of canaries willing to head into the coal mine. :beer:

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

No way man way to dangerous. you all just stay home and be safe, Mmkay.

More room for the rest of us....:D

turbulence likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh hell yeah, but not since the passport ridiculousness. Can more or less draw a straight line through Sault Ste Marie from point to point.

This trip we’ll be heading further south and coming through Pennsylvania on I-80 so the girls can see what a real tunnel looks like!