1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will it be Clubman legal?

Discussion in 'General' started by wera 688, Sep 17, 2002.

1. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

Since the Duc750 fuel injected model is legal for Clubman, will the new 2003 Ducati 620S as shown in the RRW website be legal also?

2. James Greeson

James Greeson Is the race over yet?

Hell, while you're at it make the new R6 clubman legal. It just got FIed this year too... :p

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How did Clubman get its name? It seems to be where odd bikes and former dominant bikes get shuffled.

A little research on Clubman novice. I counted top three finished only.

Kawasaki 500 - 20 top three finishes.
    Honda 650 Hawk - 13 top three finishes.
    Yamaha 350 - 7 top three finishes.
    Ducati 750 - 6 top three finishes (all wins).

I like my old SRX600, and I'll run Clubman and any class WERA puts me in. I'm not worried about where I finish, as long as I finish, plus I like being an underdog.

As far as I am concerned, WERA can put whatever bike they want in Clubman. However, there may come a day when Clubman will need to be split, or they'll just send all the old bikes over to Vintage.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A deep subject.

Any reason why the same question is in many threads?

6. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

put it up against the almighty SV and leave clubman alone. JUST BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT IT(AND WANT TO RACE IT), DOESN'T MEAN IT HAS TO BE COMPETATIVE

CLUBMAN has been the builders class and the cast off class. Let the fancy new bike lose in lightweight twins for a while.

7. wera688

wera688 Well-Known Member

...cause many people are starting to line up bikes for next year and given the hp and speed from a stock bike like the Duc there seems to be many who are tired of blowing motors and would like to have that hp stock instead of building motors $$. Just a little specific defination of bikes to be included in the 2003 rulebook.

8. wera688

wera688 Well-Known Member

...cause many people are starting to line up bikes for next year and given the hp and speed from a stock bike like the Duc there seems to be many who are tired of blowing motors and would like to have that hp stock instead of building motors $$. Just a little specific definition of bikes to be included or excluded in the 2003 rulebook.

9. werase643

WOW, trying to buy a championship in CLUBMAN......

it's a builders class!!! for the underdogs....remember....

10. dtalbott

Just bring it. Mongo, put the duc in clubman. No need to put sweat and imagination into an old bike when you can just buy a new bike with the speed and hp to win against old bikes.

BUT, when I figure out how to put that 770cc Raptor motor in an SRX frame and start outrunning those ducs, don't let them retreat back to lightweight twins. Make them stay and take the beating. By the time I get the money for the motor, I'll have the talent to use it (I hope).

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

11. werase643

...cause many people are starting to line up bikes for next year and given the hp and speed from a stock bike like the Duc there seems to be many who are tired of blowing motors and would like to have that hp stock instead of building motors $$. Just a little specific definition of bikes to be included or excluded in the 2003 rulebook.

isn't that called SUZUKI CUP.....buy a SV...stock/73HP....and your ready to race.

12. werase643

hi Darrin

13. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

We just got a new 2003 620s in at my work.I havent ridden it,But if it runs like the M620.Clubman racers have nothing to worry about!

14. werase643

he, he, he ....italian TRASH.....SOS,DD

15. dtalbott

Hello, Ken. What's a 620s, anyway?

Are you coming to VIR?

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

16. werase643

doesn't really matter....some poof thinkin they can buy a trophy....

ducati multistrada 620S.....
    DUCATI....Italian for really F#$*ing expensive parts....

Let the poor owner/builder have a class.
    kinda the reason i won't get a CUP bike

i like to build bastards and race them....

it's not about what I can afford.....pride in doing it myself....and having fun!!!!

Kith, how many STROHMAN motors did you go thru this year?

the trophies only cost about $30 each.....

17. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

I just want to be competitive with the top guys. Racing is fun but winning is a whole lot better.

18. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Same question here as on the other thread. If the 750SS/620s/620SS makes 60-62 hp stock, which is only a few less than a stock SV650...why *wouldn't* it run up with the SV's? It's not like it won't be competitive. Expensive also but that's the buyer's choice. ;)

19. dtalbott

Because he wants to run up front and win, which is easier to do with a 60+hp bike in Clubman.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

20. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Heh, yeah...it's also easier to do in Lightweight Twins and D-Super. ;)

Dunno. The standard setting moto in those classes is the SV which makes 65hp stock. If another moto makes within 8 hp (stock) either direction of that it should run in those classes. I mean, come on. Us GS guys have the cajones to run our 40-45hp GS's against 55+hp worked EX's and Mono projects. The Ducatista's should show a little of the same and run against motos that are in the exact same performance category as they are.

Yeah, the 750SS was allowed in for 2002 and did well. But Ducati is improving the lineup rapidly in an effort to duke it out with the SV. Now there is good parity between Ducati's lightweight motos and the SV. Let 'em run against each other, not in Clubman.

All IMHO, worth the .00 cents you paid for it. :)