1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will it be Clubman legal?

Discussion in 'General' started by wera 688, Sep 17, 2002.

1. t316

t316 Well-Known Member

2. wsmc667

wsmc667 Well-Known Member

sv = 62~65 rear wheel hp (and has 4 valves and a water pump)
    ducati 620 = 62 crank hp (2 valves and air cooled)

3. 796

796 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 19, 2002
  4. wsmc667

wsmc667 Well-Known Member

and that relates to the 620S how??? i've ridden an 80hp ex500. that was only 1mm over, too... and i don't hear ya cryin about those.

i just rode an sv650 that lays waste to all of them. won my first ever race on it, too!!! :D we did a single pull on the dyno (just got rebuilt) and it made 84. stock bore and stroke. it formerly made well over 90, but it fell apart, so we went easy on the rebuild. duc 750SS with many $$$$ in the motor make about 80 hp. same as an equally built ex500.

the sv has the water pump and 4 valves, while ducati uses the same pantah head from last century with the curved ports and all. sooo, like i said, if the 620 make 62hp at the crank, it'll take pretty good $$$ to get that to the rear wheel. you all really think that the 620ie is going to be close to the 750ie?? :rolleyes:

i understand your fears and memories of (god forbid) a talented rider on a highly developed machine. i hear about some of them race 750SSs. cheaper to just buy a 916 than to redevelop one of them. same deal with a BoTT M/W winning 900ss at wsmc.

the 620 is injected, so you don't just throw flatslides at it. there aren't any hi comp pistons for it yet, either. plus, it comes with the crap marzocchi forks that can't be revalved. all this in the same frame and bodywork as the 900ss. it's a gonna be-a heavy and-a slow, tony. it'll take a ton of $$ (more than the 620 is worth) to go and beat anybody.