1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by guerrilla, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why

2. Slider82

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why

3. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why

4. Slider82

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why

I thought it would be easier for you to read all of the examples of left-wing media bias from their website, but if you prefer I will cut and paste for you. Of course, Mongo may have to start a new forum just for that purpose. :)

5. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why

Oh Puh-Leeeeez do not try this bullshit... "A respected polling company"
    Don't even try to win an argument with polls... statistical research might hold up, but not a poll.
    Tell me who was the sampling, what groups was it representative of, who analyzed the findings, do you really propose that they contacted all the faculuty, what constitutes "Ivy league," is ivy league representative of the nations colleges, etc, etc, etc.

Galllop, CNN, Luntz, etc... polls are rarely a statistical representation of anything, so don't even try to use their findings as FACTS. I'm sure if I wanted to waste the time I'd find just as many polls to counter your figures.

Ho Hum, I'm bored haggling with baseless bullshiters... see ya later.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2003
  6. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why

Oh, yes. I knew it was just a matter of time before it got down to the personal attacks. Not at all surprising. It is after all, the left's modus operandi.

7. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why

Your use of an unsubstantiated generality just proved my point, THANKS :D
    Oh yeah, and what FACTS did you use to back up your statement? :D:D:D

8. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why

Why bother, you'll just discredit them and attack me. Again - typical. I won't waste my energy. BTW - what "facts" do you have to support your anti-war stance?

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Re: Re: Re: Why

The ones in Boston are wierdos with a death wish. This weekend the Big Dig is implimenting a big transition which has the Central Artery down to one lane in some places. Lying in the road is going to push a lot of already pissed-off motorists right over the edge!

10. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why

But if they're bumper to bumper they can't back up and run over them a second time :D
    to us NC regionals, what the hell is the "big dig"? sounds like a fat lady searching for her week old tampon :D

11. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why

Gee, did I mention my anti-war stance in this debate with you? No....
    Did our discourse have anything to do with the war? No....
    You must be running out of ammo. This isn't fun, you're too easy

12. Johnny B

13. SpongeBob WeaselPants

sounds like an expensive way to combine clostrophobia and underground traffic jams

14. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

It is assinine to quote the Media Research Center as anything that remotely resembles an objective source for research-supported objective information. They are an ultra-conservative group designed to promote ultra-conservative causes and defame the left. Here is a listing of MRC board members and sources for their funding. I think the 'facts' speak for themselves.

http://www.mediatransparency.org/search_results/info_on_any_recipient.php?203

Luntz Research is headed by the guy with the bad wig we see on FauxNews frequently doing pretty much the same work as MRC. He has worked for Rudy Giuliani, numerous Republican House of Representative leaders and candidates, etc. The study to which pseudocode has referred has been torn apart REPEATEDLY based on both its reliability and validity - the heart and soul of any research study. One such review of the Luntz study was done by Statistical Assessment Service (STATS), a nonpartisan, nonprofit research organization in Washington, D.C. (More information can be found about STATS and their work at their website www. stats.org)

http://hfienberg.com/clips/ivyleft.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2003
  15. Johnny B

[​IMG]

I don't know, Springsteen seems to like it. He dedicated the Zakim Bridge. As far as traffic jams, we Bostonians have a way of overcoming! Try laying down on the road in front of one of these "SUV's"! :D

[​IMG]

16. SpongeBob WeaselPants

YES... the calvary troops (or should I say TROOP) has finally arrived to save the day. I was hoping you or some brave soul would catch my back on this.

Earlier I was thinking the old "follow the money" rule and wondered about their funding, but was too occupied elsewhere to look. :D

17. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

I'm going to fill you in on a little secret Eric that will save you some time. It is pretty easy to prepare in advance for a debate with pseudo, slider, etc. Just listen to Hannity or Rush earlier in the day and you can pretty well predict what they will be baaaa-baaaabling about later in the day.

18. SpongeBob WeaselPants

I can't listen to Lardbaugh more than 5 minutes... it send my blood pressure through the roof.
    Read the two links... that was great.

Rush is on the advisory board... oh yeah, now that's gonna be an objective group ain't it?

I anticipated that kind of BS with the Luntz research, nice to know my thoghts were validated

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll let you in on a secret. I think Rush is a bigmouthed, self serving, preachy Walrus. He ain't my 40 of malt liquor.

20. Slider82