1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would spectators ever want to stay for an entire weekend?

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by PhilTheBiker, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

Most of the people camping in turn 10 are spectators, they come for the races and the party after the race.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

You seem to be the brighter one of the two. Going forward you are the designated speaker. :)

3. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

$450 entry Fee
    $250 for tires
    $60 transponder
    $75 in fuel
    $60-70 diesel
    $1500 in race gear.

here's your $25 for not asking where NOT to camp. my first trip and even I knew to ask, then again....I brought home a trophy...a forearm full of road rash....who ran me into the stones! Honda 50r (El Diablo!)

4. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

Camp at Mid Ohio AMA weekend. Chaos all day/night

5. JWinters

JWinters Active Member

Hey on the edge what turn did you go down in between 7 and 8? and I was looking for whom ever was on bike #47 cause I got alot of video on him and a few other bikes when I was in 1 and 8..

6. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

I race with CCS and I noticed some chaos as soon as the endurance racing was over. Near Pit-in there was a group of people on a 4 wheeler doing donuts in the gravel throwing dirt everywhere. I usually pit near the woods.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

that kind of chaos at a WERA event would make me quit trackdays all together and devote 100% of my riding budget to racing.

i'm just sayin'.

8. chuck1234

chuck1234 Well-Known Member

sounds like fun

9. vance

vance *

6 years ago, my wife and I went to a bar with my friend and his wife.... they got into a fight... his wife took the car....we had to get a cab to get home...we lived in the sticks.
    Leson learned. I don't go anywhere or do anything that requires me to be dependent on anyone else. If I knew I needed electric, I would have brought my generator.

On top of that, this place has 35,000 members and anything you ask from race day tips to what kind of cream you need for pimples on a dog's ass will be answered.
    There are far better uses for this place than bitchin' at people, and I don't think it does any good anyway.:beer:
    Hope the OP still has an interest in racing.

10. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

it may be just me but... after a drop a couple grand on a race wknd I feel like i've earned the right to party and bullshit...and if need be blow a few trashcans sky high. Sorry your wknd turned out bad, but most of us only see our racing friends a few times a year so you should expect a party.

11. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

One thing to think about Phil, 99% of the racers in the WERA paddock do this as a hobby(especially since contengency has been cut). They work all week long to pay for the hobby & instead of staying home in a nice quiet cozy home, they go to the track to hang out & unwind with friends who share the same hobby(addicition). Some tracks & org's are different than others, go to an AMA round & the paddock is usually nice & quiet shortly after the sun sets, the camping areas on the other hand are the "fun" you experienced this weekend. One of the major differences from a WERA weekend vs an AMA weekend is as stated before, if you would have politely asked them to keep it down would have probably gotten you decent results, where as asking that to the campers at an AMA weekend would probably get you in a fight with a drunk race fan. Just my .02

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

all kidding aside... wouldnt $2 worth of earplugs solved this problem?

I on camped on Fox Hill at Laguna... and some dude was laying out in the open on his sleeping bag sawwing logs at 90+ decibels! There was also a gaggle of wee hour revelers that liked empty booze bottles.
    Ear plugs went in... problem solved...lol

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Dude, i've never been to Lagoona! :D

14. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

As a spectator and track day enthusiast I love going to the track watching, having a good time, and get a little crazy. I'd be pissed if I had to race and people were being so loud I couldn't sleep, but that's what spectator's do we don't have to wake up early...

15. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

I have a curious question....I ahve been to a few track days and i see a lot of guys drinking most of the night and these are the same guys that get up bright and early to ride there bikes on the track at a very fast pace.

Is this common practice even for racers? It bothers me a bit knowing some guys are certainly hungover and most likely dehydrated yet get out there and ride. Anybody else think its a bit dangerous to have people out there in that condition?

Scotty J.

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

it's common for people to drink a few beers, but I'd hardly worry about it being enough to be hung over.

I generally pack enough beers to drink 4 (between 5:00 and bed time), and give 4 away. That's per night.

At worst, I end up drinking all 8 before 11:00, which means i'm still plenty sober by 7AM.

chug a bottle of water and a gatorade before brushing your teeth, and a hangover shouldn't be an issue.

17. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

A few beers after a nice day on the track I have no issues with at all. I ahve seen plenty of hard liquor and beer going around the campfire at night. Again just curious about others thoughts on the subject.

Scotty J.

18. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I do take you seriously, and I, full on, LOVE this gig (trackdays & racing) & meeting the peeps we get to do! I've basically lived at tracks for the last 4+ years. But you're right, there's ALWAYS some disrespectful individual(s) taking it a little too far.

There's a time to party & have fun absolutely(within reason), then there's a time to put up & shut up :D, so folks (some with families) who are trying to sleep can do so without being disturbed & awaken.

If you're up late & being loud YOU move elsewhere and finish it up. :up:

Why do you all think RRR is the way it is? The azzholes will say "it's management", when it's because of immaturity by some of our fellow azzhat racers :down:.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Uh Oh.. Im busted.......:wow:

Seriously... I love to have fun at the track but know I have a responsibility of not only limiting my consumption but Maintaining those around me as well...I have participated in plenty of hooliganismn at tracks all in the SE but never open the AM hung over or caused any problems..... I am always aware of who is trying to sleep.. However if you set up a tent right next to my Pit I will give you fair warning that we like to congregate and have a controlled good time.. Thats Half the fun of being at the track.. Especially if your wife and kids hate bikes like mine do... As long as I get 5 Hours of sleep which I do every day I am good... I am a AM person and love my Java during the Sunrise..Sounds like your describing me to the T..:D I think the latest I ever stayed up having cocktails was like 1AM.. With he exception of the Nashville Night event which ended at Midnight...:D And yes I do have a FirePit...
    And as far as the Hydration thing I drink about 8 Gallons of water 3 days Prior to all events and drink about 1 Gallon of Gatorade and Water each day... All a Hangover is is dehydration... Stay Hydrated and just pee it out and feel like a champ..

Not the place or the time to get wasted and be hungover..especially if your Working the event...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  20. Bunghole

Bunghole Well-Known Member

:stupid: