1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why don't you have a 100cc Flat Tracker?

Discussion in 'General' started by GrayGhost, Dec 6, 2015.

1. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I wish there was a place to ride indoors in Denver. Cause, you know, snow and shit.

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

It was way down there. I was busy watching the kid on the Kawasaki.

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

We have a local arena series, but it's 50+ classes for karts, modifieds, quads, trikes, and about 4 classes for bikes. I was practice group 12 of 14, heat race 50 of 54. It sucks to have 4 laps of practice, wait 2 1/2 hours, then 5 laps of qualifying. Follow that with another 2 hours of waiting for the main. Arrive at 8:30, practice at 11:30, heat race at 2:00, then I have to leave and miss the main because I had family "commitments." Blegh.

But, them little hunnerts are silly fun, especially when you get a TT course tossed into the mix. No TT in the video below, I still need to upload that video. But I do get to try any knock off my buddy, who was riding my "B" bike in this session.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Are you guys running stock wheels? If so what tires are you using? Pics of bikes?

5. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Here is the bike I was using, stock crf wheels with some takeoff street tires Bridgestone bt45 that did not at all ha. Everyone going fast were on real flat track tires or trials tires.

[​IMG]

stk0308 likes this.
  6. GrayGhost

I
    Have no idea, I got 3rd . Paid $20 which I split with the guy who lent me the clutch lever.

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Where was this race?

8. GrayGhost

Decatur, AL at some small convention center but there was a ridiculously large turnout. Thompson, Aldana, etc were cool to watch . A few really clean Bultacos and 30 or so dirtbike 250s 450s , huge minis class, 30 or more vintage bikes.

9. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure where you finish they asked me if that guy on that 150f finished behind me but I didn't know..

10. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Robby it was at the celebration arena in priceville al. We try to have two races there a year. Last year jd beach, and Roger lee and Nic McFadden came down

11. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

caption: "my other ride is an XR100"

one of my customers owns several Ferrari's and for a long time his daily driver was a dahatsu that actually had a bumper sticker that read "my other car is a Ferrari" Im sure most people who saw that cars bumper sticker thought to themselves while LOL "yeah sure buddy!"

IMO XR100 riders have more motorsports soul than Ferrari drivers.

I wish I had started flattrack in my youth but was mostly exposed to MX and back then flattrack to me looked like sissy stuff compared to MX. another great example of how our own egos limit our fun and growth I guess.

it all started for me when I got an XR100 for a pit bike, the only reason I could justify to myself for riding a kids bike as an adult.. did take long before the after hours hooliganism at Rd.Atl. took over and I realized these guys playing on kids bikes were not that ghey after all!

it was beyond "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" but not only that, once you get used to it and take it seriously enough (not the equipment, the training) your skils start to improve dramatically!

keep at it and the underground backyard XR100 cult may take notice and you might even find yourself bar banging with the best of them (literally) and Ive found the fast from the fastguys sorta rubs off on ya too!

youre getting serious about RR training when you start running the backyard FT knee down style and in both directions. HAhaha! I laid out a figure 8 shorttrack for personal training.

dont ride as much as we used to but wil always keep a couple of XR100s around just to always have the option of the most fun on two wheels anytime.

OPs right-on!

stk0308 likes this.
  12. GrayGhost

Yeah, we loved it and will definitely be back.

My " other ride", guess I need a bumper sticker...

[​IMG]

13. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

^ you have the steepest driveway in human history

14. GrayGhost

You should see some of the cars I've gotten up that driveway!!

And some of the women who have fallen down it

15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Yup, been there and done that, and want to do it again.

Attached Files:

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Does anyone else get a crick in their neck trying to look up-further down the track in that video?

17. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I picked up an older TTR 125 from a buddy for cheap who bought it "set up" for Sumo. It has a BBR 150 kit on it, 17" excel wheels with dot tires, and an older R6 shock stuffed into it. What do I need to do to this thing for it to work decent as a little flat tracker? I have never ridden flat track, but there is a series that runs a few tracks fairly close to me in central Florida that I'd like to hit up eventually.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Put rain tires on the 17s

19. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I thoufht thats the dorection i would go for tires. Is that rear shock a legit change or is that something dumb he did?

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Not really sure to be honest.. I've heard of people doing big bike shock swaps on minis but I run stick so i cant really comment. I would check how it's mounted and if he didn't mangle anything, just ride it and see.