1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's switching to Dunlop NTech's In 2011

Discussion in 'General' started by RollieManollie, Oct 19, 2010.

1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I will say this tho I am not fast but the dunlop Doesn't lose its grip near as fast as the other tires I have ridden on.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

+1.

Is the medium front what people are running and getting the exceptional life out of? I know the soft rear will go quick, I'm just wondering how it'll balance out with a harder compound front.

Also how is the front profile? Is it as extreme as a Michelin 'V' ?

3. sideways_skinny

sideways_skinny i need about, tree-fitty

Front slicks have enough grip that unless you have some serious hardware in the front forks, the grip will overwhelm the suspension and chassis. (on an otherwise stock bike.)
    The rear grips so hard, a stock 600 cannot! spin the tire. Even the hard grips like mad. IMO, the NTEC is the best tire out there. 6680 lasts forever, 7704? front (softie) has just that little bit more grip, and still lasts pretty long.

4. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

I was never a fan of Dunlops..But in 09 i did the switch ther the GP Ntec and i WONT use anything else, IM Hooked! I dont care how much they cost..There worth the $ in my book! and are the best tire out here, Plus they last a while & they give me the best grip & confidence in the tires..Give em a try u will be hooked. I know they have a us tire so called N-Tec. But im sticking with what works and i know the tire. GP N-TEC for me..;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  5. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

Another thing to keep in mind is the rear ntec 7704 (med) becomes a single sprint tire under 75 deg. In colder temps the 6680 med+ is the way to go.

6. sideways_skinny

sideways_skinny i need about, tree-fitty

20 laps max! If it is hotter, than maybe two races, but the end of the second race you will notice a slight drop in grip, but the times don't suffer much, if at all.

7. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I know Vegas loves to eat these tires. I have seen it on almost every bike that runs dunlops there. For some reason the tires tear really bad. That is the uk ntech.

8. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

fixed it for ya.....:up:

9. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

I do like them quite a bit more than the Michelin. I have not ridden the newest Pirelli's yet. Some of the fastest guys I know say they are damn close when new, but do not wear as well. As soon as Gianni hooks me up with a tire deal I will run some of the new Pirelli's. Until then I am paying and I will use my money and contingency money to buy more Dunlops.

Sometimes they seem like they are just getting good after 15 or so laps. I have run my quickest laps on tires that have between 20 and 30 laps on them at Fontana. Soft front and Medium Rear.

10. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

I have won several races and came within a few tenths of the lap record here in Arizona on a set of tires where the rear had 60 plus laps on them before the race.

There is no tire that compares to the Dunlops Ntec's.

11. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

You should have put a new rear on. you would have broke the record.

12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I am not hating on the west coast vendor for dunlops but, they charged me to flip a tire as well. And when I bought a new rear I gave them a take off front I already had to switch out and they charged me to mount that. I guess they are like the bugatti of motorcycle tires.

13. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Dale is a good guy, I may give the michelins a try to.

14. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

i have tried the perillis ( love them but will not last ), got me the dunlops N-tec 211 used them for 2 years, and also used the Michelin's.
    the dunlops have great grip and will last for a long time.
    i can get the michelins for a better price and did not fail me once, the rear slide ( P1 C ) is very predictable but i was not able to ride at 100% pace ( i was very skeptical of them since every one here rides with the dunlops ), most of the new tires will give you great performance but you have to have the confidence to ride them.
    one time i had the michelins B front C rear and was coming fast to a right turn when a slower rider in front of me turned way to early and i had one of 2 things to do either hit him or just throw the bike in the turn and hope it will stick and they stuck like glue.
    i am not that very fast ( 2.6 seconds off the track record ) with dunlops, I am giving the Michelins another try this season with a V front and B rear, will update next week after my first track of the season.

15. Continentals.

16. ...the Conti's are exactly the same (the Conti guy came from Pirelli), that is why i swapped. The Conti's have excellent grip, but they move ALL the time and i didnt like it.

17. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

:confused: the dunlop has a much harder carcass, and provides much more feedback. The pirelli is softer and moves around more. You will feel imperfections on the track much more on the dunlop than the pirelli which would give more.

unless you are running 40 lbs or something in the pirelli then I got nothing:D

18. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

I ran the Pirellis with good results when I ran on the SV650. I loved the Pirellis on the SV at the time because the soft carcass helped the older suspensions. I kept running them when I went to the 04 R6. They didn't last that long on the 600 so I decided to try the Michelins. I had some issues with the front PR series Michelin tires and had a few mysterious crashes on them. I went back to the Pirellis because I lost confidence in the fronts. I haven't run them since, but that's not to say they aren't much better today.

I went to Dunlops when the D209's came out and I've been very happy with the Dunlops ever since. I got Todd on the bandwagon too. Now the NTECS are my first choice on the 06 R6. I run the slicks now and LOVE them. I also get great service from the guys at Race Tire Services here in the south. Paul and Bru have been very easy to work with. I doubt I'll be switching from Dunlops anytime soon. Drink the koolaid! :D

19. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Very interesting points!

What is the most popular compounds you guys use?

Front's : 6704 or 6680's
    Rear's: 7704 or 6680's

The reason I'm asking is if the Dunlop guy would over a discount on a 10 stack of tires, I would opt. to due that.

The front that everyone talks about lasting forever - is that the 6704 or the 6680?

20. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I know flipping the Ntecs is very common, but just remember that the internal construction is designed to run in a single direction. The belt angles reverse when you flip a tire.