1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's switching to Dunlop NTech's In 2011

Discussion in 'General' started by RollieManollie, Oct 19, 2010.

1. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I can't take it anymore! Everyone is saying switch to Dunlop Ntec's because they are so much better /newer tires than the Pirrelli's and the Michelin's.

I know it's another tire thread here, but honestly it seemed like everyone switched in the last year?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

2. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

It all depends on price for me but I may try the dunlops. I did not have a good experience on bridgestones this year. I think for track days they are great but I could not get good feel from the front pushing it that extra bit while racing..

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

In my region way more people are switching to Pirelli from Dunlop.

4. RollieManollie

Wow! Completely the opposite over here in the Mid Atlantic!

Let's face it, the contingency sucks with all the tires- I just want to know if the tires are that much better like everyone says they are? Not sure if they are getting paid to say that or if they really are that much better...lol!

5. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Thats what most people here in Texas are talking about is the Dunlops. I may try them since my source of 003s have run out.

6. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

When a doctor tells me I need a new kidney, I don't know If he's trying to pay for his Yacht or if I need a new kidney

7. Millwoodva

Millwoodva Well-Known Member

Better get that motor "freshened" before thinking about tars.. :Poke:

8. RollieManollie

Haha! Hey Jeff!! Yup, I'm working on it! You're a recent Dunlop guy if I remember corretly!

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I'm very tempted to try the Dunlops, though I was quoted $480 for a set of the top-dogs which is way high for clubracing.

10. Millwoodva

Millwoodva Well-Known Member

"Recent" ..well...
    I started racing on them in 1983... :rock:

11. Me and my buddy Jessie swapped to Dunlops this year.

I won't use anything else for the forseeable future.

12. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Shit! N-TECS are in the 520 range with tax. They aint cheap, but they've gone twice as long as any Pirelli I've had. I've gone 3 rears to 1 front on DOT's.

13. RollieManollie

Ahh...that's right, I keep on mixing up you and Ryan with the tires!

Damn, 1983!:up: You've probably seen all kinds of brand switching like we witnessed here in the Mid Altantic. I was really surprised about the mass majority who have switched.

14. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

2008 and 2009 i ran Bridgestone 003. Went to the NTEC and I could care less about how much they cost. I love them. They give me complete tire confidence. Went through 1/2 the tires than I did with B.S

15. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

The fronts are crazy good. I did 16's at JGP with a front that had 90 laps on it. Ridiculous. The rears have outstanding grip. They have great feel and it makes it easy to go fast.

I would recommend the spec tires for guys that aren't using that extra bit of grip the ntecs have over the spec tires. Much cheaper

16. RollieManollie

That's what I'm hearing...you can use a front Ntech practically forever! Maybe 4 or 5 rears to every front.

17. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

No heat cycle issues? Running a front for 3-4 sprints over 3+ weekends?

18. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Lops are way to rich for my blood

19. RollieManollie

I know what you're saying. I personally know a racer that was running 58's at Beaver in June with a front Ntec that had like 4 solos, all the practices and over ten sprints on. He even kept the tire over from 2009 to 2010 over the winter to use it.

20. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Which in thelong run, makes them no more expensive than the others, and even when they are shagged, they still grip like glue. :up: well worth the money.