1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whos in for Roebling

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Dyle, Feb 16, 2006.

1. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

I've had cylinder walls look good on cars before with the same results you've had with the leak down test. I went ahead and re-ringed the car, including honing the cyl, and it solved the problem.

I haven't ever done it on a bike though so I can't say with any certainty that it will fix your problem.

But I'd say yeah, if it's already apart and you have the new rings, why not?

My .02

2. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

thats what I was thinking......I mean it looks good to the eye but the leak down shows its not so Im gonna just replace em and hon it out and go from there......the head is being decked and all that good stuff so it should be ok with new valve seats and all so what the heck....the kids bike is gonna run lots better than dads.....if he can just keep this beast upright he should be ok........

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Ahhhhhhhhhh.......like father...........like son.

<just kidding>

So the Brinks camp is building hotrods to play in V7 now.........I see how it is.

4. Dyle

na only setting the kids ride up.......cant afford both so I figure he busted ass and got them grades up and if he is ever to take it as a serios career/hobby then he needs the better ride.......and oh Mr Garber its on baby......gonna have to whoop ya........:Poke: j/k besides it was that crazy dude lanes fault......all him........think that will break his silence.....havent seen him post anything in a while thought maybe I would stire him up.........plus he know as well as I that its all racing......shit happens.......

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I know where he's been hiding.

6. Dyle

Hey stick when you gonna give me that call....??

7. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Dyle............keep that sh!t happens stuff away from me.............m'kay.

I plan on firing up old Mr. Green this weekend, might even change the spark plugs just to get ready for Mr. Dyle. Maybe I will wait and look at the weather........no sense in wasting good spark plugs on a rain day.

:beer:

8. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

It's on!

With all these 'hot rod' honda's you may need to change more than just your
    paint scheme.
    Someday I may even get an 1100cc motor in mine again. :wow:

I don't care for the "new look" forum; it kicks me off every time I try to post.

9. Dyle

better change them things on out......youll be needing it.......paint wont matter much......and I hope the whole sh!t happens thing stays away from me this time to........I dont wanna crash again......it sucks.....I mean you know how many times you can oh this is gonna hurt while flying thru the air..........

10. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Gotta look good for the camera boys............Maybe I will try to drag my hand going into 3. Don't mind me, I'm just posing. <click>

11. Dyle

you know vicki she takes the best.....see my little avatar thing she made for me......looks good right

12. stickboy274

Sorry, I've been busy with the boy's birthday, getting ready for VIR, and working.

13. V7 Jerry

Got most everything finished up over the weekend on my F3. I'll be down on Thursday night and doing the practice day on Friday as I mentioned before. Here are some pics of the bike with the new paint job: Link If you see it come by and say hi, it'll be number 43 once I get there (Stick I need numbers! make sure you have some 4's and 3's left!)

See everyone there.

14. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Jerry, we took a vote and you're doing all the grilling. Doug, Chip and I will be there Early Friday morning.
    Eboz

15. V7 Jerry

Vote, what vote? Was I included? I think I missed the memo. Was this on the latest TPS report?

You guys staying at the track or you get a hotel? I'll be camping so I've got no problems grilling, just bring a grill and some food to put on it and I'm all over it.

Ya'll want me to save some space for ya'll to setup? I can use my truck and trailer to block some extra room off. Or do you plan on pitting as far away from me as possible :eek:

16. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Give Doug a call and find out when and where he plans on parking to rig. I'm sure I'll be sleeping outside the track Thur/Fri Morning as I normally get there around 2 Savannah time.

17. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

You actually planning on practicing?
    Or is this to insure you get a good spot for the St. Patty's parade?

18. Dyle

hey boz and jerry Ill be there thrus night cause rena and nikki and corner working for ed.....remember where we were last year....gonna be right around there if you guys want me to save a spot....I know squid and garber will be around the back side.....let me know

19. stickboy274

not that there's anything wrong with that

20. Dyle

your a funny guy........oh and the jokes funny to....damn I should have proof read it.....I forgot who would be reading it......