1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who will win first in 2011?

Discussion in 'General' started by melissa, Aug 26, 2010.

?

Of these three, who will be the first to win a MotoGP race in 2011?

1. Valentino Rossi

71 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Ben Spies

48 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Casey Stoner

27 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time imagining how Rossi's season will go if Burgess and crew don't come with him? Not that he won't be at the front no matter how his crew is configured but I'd like to think he's making sure Burgess is part of the package. Otherwise, I'd have to wonder where is head is. Rossi should always be considered a favorite. Stoner on a Honda, which is very fast, strong bet. The fact that Spies is in this discussion as a serious contender is just cool as it gets. I'll go with Spies on the Fiat Yamaha.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No vote change for me, of the three, 2011 season, I think Ben will get a win before the others.

3. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Kid's game is stepping up rapidly. I'm with tiny on this one

4. HadBen

HadBen Well-Known Member

Interesting prediction. Just curious, what makes you think Ben will not win at all in 2011?

5. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

Ben Spies doubled here in WSBK and finished 5th in his first GP outing here this year.

look out.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No doubt. He can win there. I just think Stoner is more likely to win that particular race if he doesn't crash.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The season begins the day after Valencia :D

8. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

Tough! I've got to go Spies after seeing him rock what had to be a full Factory supported YZF-M1 at Indy. But only because he's the only one of the 3 NOT changing bikes next year.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Even with Pedrobot walking right past him down the front straight for the pass?

10. Ben will win every race next year and Suzuki will win before Stoner does.

11. BZerker

BZerker Well-Known Member

I think next year Spies will be doing what Lorenzo is doing this year. Winning, winning, winning. It's hard to bet against him when he finishes ahead of both factory bikes. From what I understand, both factory Yamaha riders are pretty good... :D

12. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

With all these predictions with guarantees attached to them, you guys/gals should play MoToGP Fantasy.Its not as easy to predict the finishes as you would think.

If HPPT says Stoner will win, he will win. I hate him :D

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

the taped footage reported that yamaha had told the commentators there was no mechanical help from the factory and ben was riding the same bike he'd been on all year.

14. Tyler B

Tyler B Well-Known Member

I think that's too much to ask considering the depth of talent in GP right now. I strongly believe Rossi will be back to his winning ways by next season, I think Pedrosa is getting a grip on his crashing, and Lorenzo is obviously in top form right now and I don't think that will change. Stoner I'm not so sure about, but maybe a team switch will get him back on form. If I'm anywhere close to right, those 4 guys will go back to running their own races at the front, while everyone else races for "best of the rest". Since the "aliens" have been broken up with various problems this year, it has bumped some of the other guys like Spies and Dovi up the order a bit farther than they normally would be. I also think the Indy result is going to pile more on in terms of unreasonable expectations from fans.

All that said, I do think Ben will get some wins in GP over the years. I think the post-Rossi era will spread the winning around much more than it has in the past. It's just going to take some time before expectations of winning will be realistic. He shattered everyone's expectations in WSBK, but GP is an entirely different animal. It might also play a big role if they ever make an electronics rule change toward more rider involvement in the future. I think that could drastically reorder the field. Whether that would help or hurt Spies, I have no idea.

15. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Obvious Rossi nutsack swinger.

Point is Spies is coming to grips with the GP bike and he is very good at Qatar. Rossi and Stoner on are new bikes. People don't realize Ben is mentally the stongest rider in Motogp.

16. Tyler B

Tyler B Well-Known Member

That was intelligent and well thought out. Nice work.

17. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Great question, I hope its and thats how I voted. But it sure is hard to bet against Rossi.

I'm saying if they all stay healthy there will be some great racing next year and the rest of this year.

18. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Hard to say Ben isn't in the running for a win early next year. He had a great Indy GP weekend.

19. g.mccormick

g.mccormick Well-Known Member

It really all depends on who's programmer gets the best nights sleep the night before.

20. I'm sure Ben's dad appreciates all the thought and effort you put into tellin him his son won't win