1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who will win first in 2011?

Discussion in 'General' started by melissa, Aug 26, 2010.

?

Of these three, who will be the first to win a MotoGP race in 2011?

1. Valentino Rossi

71 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Ben Spies

48 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Casey Stoner

27 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. HadBen

HadBen Well-Known Member

Honestly, I never considered the possibility that Ben would not win in 2011, so I thought I might get some insight from someone that felt otherwise. It's just opinions and everyone has one. However, I just never see Ben go on the track when I don't believe he can win and I know he feels the same way. I think it will come sooner than later, but it will come. Right now, Ben is providing me with the time of my life.

2. Tyler B

Tyler B Well-Known Member

First off, I didn't know that was his dad. Second, I'm not going to change my opinion just because someone's relative/friend/significant other might read it, especially when they specifically ask me for it. Third, my opinion doesn't matter. Neither does yours, or anyone else's. It's a sports prediction by a random person on the internet. Who cares?

I hope Ben does get a win. I rooted for him in AMA, and I think he's got a bright future. He seems like a nice guy. But that wasn't the poll question.

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'll go with Spies. I think even Rossi will have to come to grips with the Ducati and Stoner wasn't that hit the first time around with Honda.

4. If I came across as critcal, that wasn't my intent. It just made me laugh. I figured you didn't know and so you gave a very well thought out and honest opinion. Its just another one of those moments that only happen here.:up:

5. I thought he was going to win on sunday. The way he started out up front and had a bit of a gap. I was going crazy every time he went by where I was sitting. I am anxious to see what he does when he can get on equal equipment with the other front runners. Next year is going to be fantastic! And I still think he might get a win this year. Pedrosa said after the race that he was very much aware that it was Ben behind him and pushed hard to stay ahead. One mistake by Pedrosa and it would have been Ben's. He's right there every race now. I felt proud just being at indy and being a fan. I can't imagine what you feel watching him. :up:

6. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

that was tire as much as hp/weight.

Rossi.

you already have

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Why do ya'll think Ben had help from the factory??? Colin, said a little pep from Yamaha at Laguna but that was it.

I also noticed Ben in on #5 engine and Petrobot is still on #4, wonder how that will play out in the end???

David

8. :crackhead:

9. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

With the now shortened preseason test schedules the smart bet will be Spies, just for the fact of being on the same bike.

If Stoner does win one early, will he give credit to Dani for developing the bike? :p

10. speedracer170

speedracer170 Well-Known Member

One of the Suzuki's will finish first in 2011

:)

11. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

first in the trash can maybe

12. And the other will finish 2nd (if he doesn't crash)

13. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Wow! You're going to have to expound on these theories, please.

14. Honda picked the extra hard rear tire that's why pedrosa and Dovi ran away at the front. Oh wait, Dovi went backwards. Hmm I'm sure there's a reason. I'm sure the tire choice at Indy also explains why Honda has had the fastest bikes all year.

Yamaha is also apparently lying. Colin, Ben, Jarvis, etc. They all say the tech 3 bikes are different than the fiat. But they must be lying to hide how much Spies sucks. And that's why they are moving him to fiat next year. Because he sucks on the same bike. Makes sense to me.

15. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

My bad, it didn't occur to me that he was another nut swinger.

16. :
    :up:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The Honda is no longer on Michelin tires.

And don't forget, Rossi won his first race on a Yamaha. Stoner won his first race on a Ducati. I wouldn't discount their chances just because they are changing brands next year.

Ben will win. But he won't necessarily be the first one of those three in 2011. Ironically, I think he could be to next one of those three to win one race in 2010.

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Changing brands does seem to motivate the man, and a motivated Rossi is not one I will bet against. Rossi for the first win is my vote.

19. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

I thought there is to be more testing time next year. Not true?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While I understand where you're coming from, I think you're underestimating the depth of talent Ben has. But that's okay, it's always fun to come back to threads like this for a lighthearted I told you so next season (or possibly even this season, the boy is impressing me now he's relaxed and having fun on the bike).

Which reminds me, I have a certain "racer" from Cali and an Ozzie US rider hater to have some fun with on a Ducati board tomorrow :D