1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who knew club racing could actually look exciting?

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Jun 22, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The numbers are out there in the meta-verse. As a has-been, you're not equipped with the latest generation of Google machine that allow access to the data. But it exists. They said so. GTFO with your Apple IIc.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

As the world is changing, does 57>0 still hold true?

G 97 likes this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I stay out of most shit, mainly I don't have time to deal with petty B.S.

But your comment couldn't be farther from truth. Mongo and Wera has single handily done more for the boy then any other org or mini club has. Racers race, and if they don't they make excuses. Wanna know why the grids aren't packed? People believe the risk out ways the reward. The racer that show up every weekend are just passionate about the sport and will do whatever it takes to be out there.

5axis and BC like this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I can say, with certainty, there are at least 15 racers, on MA grid(s), from the Herrin compound series. They also did WERA & CCS rounds... so who gets the credit?

As for club racing retention... I cant tell you how many folks Ive seen burn through $$ they didnt have or suffered an injury before their spouse shut them down from gridding up again.
    Many go from AM to Expert grids & realize they are beyond their comfort level. They quietly exit. The others remaining keep grinding it out maybe altering classes or rounds to keep it affordable or maybe they get free track time from various TD orgs to keep the voids filled between better attended rounds.

G 97 likes this.
  5. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I'm not following you. In the body of conversation I specifically stated that so many are asking WERA to do more (Flyers / promotions / radio, etc). My reply was that us as racers need to do more. Go back and reread please.

Obviously you have the advantage of knowing who I am but myself not remembering you. So I can't logically debate or counter your stance. Have our kids raced against each other and where? I'm thinking you are the GNF Oh-vale dad I talked to and had you mixed up with Dzume.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

That’s awesome.
    The question is, were they involved in racing before or after being at the compound. What is the incremental increase or direct effect that attending the compound had towards them gridding up at MA? I’m sure the compound had a positive effect, no doubt. My question is, How many street riders who never raced before or even did a track day simply showed up at the compound became good, then gridded up with MA?

You’re preaching to the choir. I haven’t stated otherwise, I know very well the dynamics involved.

Again, what direct impact has Herrins social media presence had on both increasing racers and fans?

7. FastByKids

It a losing cause brother. The disdain for Herrin is obviously greater than all the combined good he has done for the sport. Myself and many other families from the Mini world all the way up to MA owe him a debt of gratitude.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

And still missing the point, something about brick headed you say. :crackup:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

1) It costs money.
    2) There can only be five people in the top five, and a lot of other people's egos can't handle getting their asses kicked.
    3) Fear of injury.

I'm not positive that the first two are in the right order.

TurboBlew, 5axis and G 97 like this.
  10. FastByKids

Neither of us going to give a inch. That is what makes this board so great. :D

G 97 likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I also think the newer generation has a different mind set. They don’t seem to even be that interested in cars like I remember all my buddies and myself being back in Jr.High and highschool. Let alone motorcycles. I just don’t think a lot of kids really care about autos or bikes like we did.

DmanSlam and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. FastByKids

And that is a discussion for the other board...

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Good point. The pool of people affected by the three factors I listed certainly seems smaller than it used to be.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If only we had some internet legend to influence them into being interested in cars and motorcycles.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive personally brought ~60+ different riders to the Compund with "some" trackday experience.
    Less than a handful of riders straight off the street.
    I provided all of those riders with a bike to experience the fun... the track guys at least had leathers & flag knowledge
    The street guys did not.
    It amazed me how every single one of them viewed their ability as better than a crf100. Of all those riders... about 12 of them bought their own mini. I can count at least 100 people that had an open invitation to come ride. All they had to do was fly into ATL and drive 2hrs to the track. Or they could fly into Jax & ride up there with me.
    In the end I got tired of playing UNICEF for people who wouldnt get off their ass to come have a good time.

Also took 4 clowns off the street to Jennings. Their enthusiasm & social media exceeded their ability. I rode with 3 street clowns to the first MA event at Road Atl. I rode home solo & that was the last time I did a street ride other than commutes to Daytona on my scooters.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    DmanSlam, G 97 and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I was referring to your comment about Mongo needs to do better.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When they met Josh at the track while they were already racing it's kind of hard to say he got them into racing.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Josh has had absolutely nothing to do with setting up either of those series.

I don't think you understand what you're saying about giving back or promoting at all.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree and said as much.

There are people who go to bike nights that will talk to racers and want to race. People that don't already know about anything beyond street racing - so they aren't at track days. I know it works because we do get street racers and street riders coming into the sport all the time. Some do trackdays first, some do not. The important part of the previous sentences though is "talk to racers". Talking to us is great for getting the details of how to do it all and I answer those questions all day long. It however does not help them understand the passion that you guys have for what you do. That comes through when talking to you.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This I agree with as far as promoting to trackday riders. We've done discounts and everything we can on our end but nothing beats the racers actually talking about it.