1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who knew club racing could actually look exciting?

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Jun 22, 2022.

1. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Hard work from having boots on the ground! Fostering relationships with shops of various disciplines . Constant communication with targeting potential sponsors. Constant tagging and exposure of sponsors, potential sponsors of results in social media posts. Master / Visa Card, second mortgages.

For us it was parents who were successful in the mini world. Then professional racers who would show up to mini practices. Again, building relationships with people whom are in the show.

Enthusiastic fans like myself who want to see those that influenced do good.

MA has done a great job reaching out to the HD crowd. Next group I would say are the sportbike enthusiasts.

Not as much as you think. Most of us had relationship established off the board. But it is good to read the heartbeat of the board and gather info. Plus nothing wrong with seeing perspectives different than own. Definitely some great tech advise. Only financial support given was by RB thus far.

WERA BBS is a great tool to utilize. However it surely isn't like it was a couple decades ago. From which I think you are still living in. Times changed buddy!

2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

There's far more to back known statistics of targeted advertising than your made up figures in your own world.

What's the line you keep using? Oh, yeah - "Making statements without having any data or direct examples to back them up"

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The three of you are killing me :crackup:
    All three of you are declaring things to be facts when they are opinions. Not one of you has a single piece of valid comparative data, yet you are all insisting you are right based on flawed logic that makes sense only in your own heads.

Thanks for the entertainment.

noles19 likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, in fairness, Garf could prolly pull records to see how many NESBIANS went from track day wieners to race licensed losers…

G 97 likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

No one has stated otherwise. Again, you are completely missing the point. Herrin isn’t remotely doing any targeted advertising. It’s silly of you to even bring this matter up in this conversation. Clearly you don’t understand much of anything on the subject.

You continue to bring up factors that are outside the scope of this conversation while continually ignoring the one and only thing that matters. Which is, show us the numbers in incremental viewership and increased ticket sales at events that Herrins social media presence is directly responsible for.

So, show us the numbers. Show us the direct impact of the claims you are making.
    Show us.

I’m not the one making unsubstantiated claims, you are. I know how many people I’ve directly gotten to the track and into racing. Just because you’re too stoopid to comprehend this doesn’t make it any less factual.
    My made up figures. :crackup: Um OK.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m not making any claims that aren’t based on facts and actual events. I have the data, I have the records.
    What am I insisting otherwise? And what flawed logic am I using? Tell me.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Again, show us the numbers.

8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Thank you for confirming that your figures are made up, as you can't answer shit and continue to have a hard on for Herrin's example case.

My data is literally shared world wide in modern day advertising. Yours? Complete fabrication. You can't prove shit, my case is backed by statistical analysis. Herrin's had more of an impact on the sport than you ever had, or will.

https://influencermarketinghub.com/influencer-marketing-statistics/

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

^^ found the guy selling ads :crackup:

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

What have you asked me? My figures are certainly not made up.

Once again. show us the numbers in incremental viewership and increased ticket sales at events that Herrins social media presence is directly responsible for.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Social media is now the same as targeted marketing and advertising. :crackup:

pickled egg likes this.
  12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

how many of your racers are on current MA grids??
    or are you talking strictly club racing?
    Getting folks to club race isnt that big a chore... getting them to be a customer for more than 2 years is.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

And not one answer contains Herrins Social media presence. :crackup:

14. FastByKids

Then professional racers who would show up to mini practices. Again, building relationships with people whom are in the show.

How do you think we knew we knew to take the ride from Phoenix to Cali?

Why do you think we tagged "Fresh and Lean" for a couple years in our social media posts? My kids still wear the FnL hats.

Who do you think blasted a Fresh n Lean challenge that youth racers from across the Nation participated? Who do you think was the coach for that event? I wonder how many kids from that event went on to do some phenomenal things...

Your disdain for a racer whom has contributed so much for the sport VIA HIS SOCIAL MEDIA has seriously clouded your judgment...

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

None but 7 were on an AMA grid and 57 for CCS.
    If getting folks to club race isn’t that big of a chore, what is the entire premise and point of this thread relating to the trend of smaller grid sizes and less racers overall.
    For one to be a two year customer, they have to become a customer first. Customer retention is an entirely different subject although it does have an effect on maintaining a certain level of continuity.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Which is not the same as Herrins social media presence. :Poke:

Good Lord, you haven’t been paying attention. I don’t have any disdain about his social media presence, good on him for doing it. This isn’t an indictment of Herrin or his social media presence. It’s about those who continually chalk up his social media presence as being directly responsible for increased MA viewership and attendance with out providing any supporting data for their statements.
    You keep making the claim but can’t answer a simple question.
    :dead:

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Customer retention more often than not is a matter of credit card balances versus continuity…

TurboBlew and G 97 like this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s the point of diminishing returns. :D

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

No it isn't!!! There has been no qualified statistical analysis done on whether Josh Herrin's social media presence has lead to any increase in motorcycle racing, viewership or attendance at any level of racing. It is faulty logic to assume that the proven efficacy of social media advertising on sales of product has any relationship to a racer's social media and an increase in racing participation. You need to keep in mind that racing is not the product that Josh Herrin is selling. He is selling Josh Herrin, as he should be since he is his product.
    MA and WERA are organizations with racing to sell as a product. I wonder how their social media presence is related to their sales?

And Garth, I stand corrected since you have posted actual data that didn't require any manipulating of statistics.

G 97 likes this.
  20. FastByKids

As I repeatedly stated no way I can give you hard numbers because that is not my realm.

He is a social media INFLUENCER in our beloved sport. If you don't think he has a indirect impact on MA success and increased fan / rider participation than you are just a old has been dinosaur. I say that in the nicest way possible. You are a bullheaded brick, but I'd still drink a beer with you.