1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who else is as good a Dad as me?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

How many of you dads have solo kiddo responsibility as much as I do? I have a 4y/o boy, and 2 y/o girl. the wifey is on call tonight, so i did my usual daddy routine when she's not here. i took the kids to the toy store, let em play with all the shit and annoy the employees. then i picked up some nutritious Mcdonalds happy meals, topped off dinner with some lovely muffins. continued to skip baths for both, and now they're watching a hell of a lot of TV so i can dick around on the BBS. just gotta make it til 8pm before the margaritas start flowing. not that i'm above drinking in front of them, do that all the time, just dont want the interruption of bed time after i've started. my kids love me. :beer:

who else's Friday night is rockin'? :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm in Las Vegas and I'm going to go to bed early.

3. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Went to an MX park with my kid yesterday to ride her 50. Took her to a friend's place to ride her Oset today.

She's passed out already in her room.

Wife went both days. She's passed out upstairs. I can take advantage of that. :)

I win.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I usually have Saturdays, or 3D as I call it, Daddy Daughter Day. :)

Sometimes we don't even change out of our pajamas. :clap:

5. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I may not be the single most awesome dad in the world, but definitely in the top 10. It's just me and my clone 24/7. He goes cross country to visit mom for the whole summer, xmas break, and spring break. She comes here for his birthday.

We're off on a plane at 6am tomorrow for spring break. Don't know what I'm going to do for a whole week by myself. :(

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When I was in Brazil on business, Sam put rotten kid on a hippy, healthy, red dye number 75 free diet and it was cool for the kid.

When I go home I immediately gave the kid a giant bowl of Capt'n crunch and a haiwan punch.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sarah got home early from work, so I gave her the kid and climbed a tree.

And promptly began lopping large chunks of it off.

I've got another hour of daylight before I start cutting off my own limbs. :D

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Don't cut your limbs off just yet. You'll need those when you become a jungle jim in about 9 months!

9. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I took the step son to the range today then filled him with soda before his dad picked him up. He took the targets he shot up to show the dad.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You've got some straaaaannnnnge hobbies son. Are you still working on your own trees or are you whacking on your neighbors trees now?:)

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Both of my kids are at work so I'm at home playing with the box they came out of.

12. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

I sent my kid 7 hrs away on Tuesday and I went m/c riding all day today...

Rabbit, mine is with his bio-mom for Spring Break now too... it's been 6 months since he'd seen her. He only sees her a week or two in the summer...maybe a week for Thanksgiving/Fall Break...

13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

and r6 you did NOT tell me you were going to the hill today.. i would went.

14. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Small or big box? :D

15. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Feel like I already am. 9 weeks old and she's been standing up and bearing her own weight for the past two. She's discovered "bouncing" now, so I have to be careful where she puts her little feet when she's standing up now. :wow:

What's so strange about that? Climbing trees with a running chainsaw, lopping off big chunks and watchin' 'em fall? It kicks ass! :clap:

I'm whacking a big ugly half-rotted elm tree on the property line that dropped a limb on the neighbor's boat two years ago and busted his outboard. He's happy to see it go (and I'm using his driveway to drop limbs into, and giving him half the firewood from it). :up:

[​IMG]

17. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i'm browsing the beeb, wife went out grocery shopping, haven't checked whats on tv yet, talked to a few customers this evening, pretty normal, not much excitement at the kruzel household, oh got 4 more prints done too!

18. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Sorry man, Nick and I had planned on going for awhile now (I though you were working Fridays now), the rest of the peoples just kinda showed up. I did however stay right with the motard group, I was suprised...

19. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Grading 52 Fourth Grade essays. So, I win! :beer:

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I made my stepdaughter do yard work all day (no school for Good Friday). And here she thought she was going to sleep in and watch tv all day.

I'm trying to teach her not to be a lazy s.o.b. ;)