1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who deserves Roger's seat!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Aug 1, 2018.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Tom Sykes

track wagon likes this.
  2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

You missed your chance 20 years ago. :p

[​IMG]

418, Steeltoe, TLR67 and 2 others like this.
  3. John Branch

John Branch 90125

I don’t care as long as it is a an AMERICAN!:flag:

TLR67 and Gorilla George like this.
  4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Needs to be a young(er) up and coming rider, preferably hiring from within the series. Need to have a path for advancing, nothing worse than being stymied with no way forward.

mike998b and TLR67 like this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don’t know. Bringing in another foreigner and further upping the competition level increases prestige and ultimately brings in more attention and sponsors that get more up and comers noticed and paid.

The Great One likes this.
  6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I agree. The young riders will be pushed harder with better competition around them. If some of the young guys can beat the likes of Toni Elias or similar skillset they will get noticed. Our series isnt taken seriously IMO. Just not enough talent. Wish there were more factory rides in the states (Kawi, Ducati, etc..)

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yoshimura Suzuki USA is the only MotoAmerica team I see mentioned by foreign press and fans. I saw Roger's retirement announcement in places I wouldn't have expected it. Toni definitely helped elevate the exposure. Them taking the lead in bike development for Suzuki helps as well. :beer:

The Great One likes this.
  8. mike998b

mike998b Well-Known Member

The series needs both, new young lions coming up and internationally known veterans to measure them against. The key to both is having enough top competitive rides.
    Ducati, Kawi, Honda, Aprilia, Step up!

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And there is the rub. What are the OEM's doing to elevate the series and foster young talent in the USA? Maybe a lot , I don't know.

418 likes this.
  10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

My vote is Wyman followed by Haden Gilliam.

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

This.

My vote might be against the grain here, but I think they should bring in another rider from overseas. Yamaha is doing a great job of promoting the young talent (Beaubier and now Gerloff) so let Suzuki bring in the world level bench markers. Someone like Bautista, Smith or Melandri would be an incredible addition to our series, in my opinion.

5axis and SGVRider like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Beach

TXFZ1 likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Melandri, just so his wife will be in the paddock!

Actually, Smith would be cool.

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Scott Redding. Not only would he be immediately at the front, but he’d bring a level of personality and excitement that would give the series further international and national exposure.

regularguy likes this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Being a whiny dick? Nah don't think that would work out.

noles19 and Gorilla George like this.
  16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Would love to see you get that seat!!

17. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I’m thinking you Redding and Mith fan boys would be bitterly dissapointed if they did come race over here. I’d bet money they would struggle to put it on the box consistently and certainly wouldnt best Rodgers results...

418 likes this.
  18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Redding is a giant douche.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

But that dumb bitch can ride a motorbike pretty good, and I think would be competitive in our series.

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't doubt it, he was fast in Moto 2 and been in the top 10 several times in practice in wet conditions etc so he's got talant.
    I seriously doubt he'll be on the yosh ride though.