1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's your damn license?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Dec 13, 2011.

1. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Seriously? My first win was way better, probably because I didn't think it would ever happen. :D

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

no one else did either. congrats. :D

3. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Just to let ya know. Now that I've raced, not racing sucks. :(

Just grid up and do it.

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

First race = Holy sh!t...

First win = F@#K YEAH!!!

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, it was an awesome three-way battle for fifth place that I lost (ended up sixth) but put a smile on my face for weeks. I went looking for the other two guys after the race to ask them if all races were like that. :D

First win, I had checked out by the end of the first lap. No excitement at all.

6. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Haha! Mine was the same!

First Race = Please God help me make it out of here alive!

First Win = I can't believe that just happened, I'm now immortal!

7. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

:stupid:

I'm with both of these guys. Just like a biggest fish story, I can still tell you exactly how my first win went down.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Shaped like a penis, yes.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oh joy. Another phallus my wife won't use.

10. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Mongo:D

11. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

LMAO

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:up: "Tell him what he's won Don Pardo!"

13. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Just out of curiosity, when did I join (posts to look at date)

Edit, I didnt do a race until 07, then only one, then not again until this year.

14. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

First race ever was V6HW at Summit on my FZR this year. First time there. Only 3 of us were registered. One gentleman crashed in Saturday practice and cracked some ribs-Out. Down to me and one other guy. During warmup lap on Sunday his brakes froze up and he balled the bike up. I was only V6 bike on grid...finished the race and got a #1 plaque.

Didn't mean shit to me and still doesn't.

4 races later I was at the last NE round at Nelsons. 3 bikes on grid for V6HW and a ton of V7 guys. I fought hard for 2nd in V6 and ended up dicing it out for 3 laps with a TZ250 and a F3(both whom I wasnt actually racing against). Came in after the race shaking...never had so much fun on track!! Immediately went to find the guys to say how awesome it was.

That race outweighed my whole season.

15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

My first win it seems I screamed a little.Later that day, I had a corner worker ask me what was wrong with me after the race.

16. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

You had your eyes closed, at least that's what the pics show:up:

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I'm way faster that way, and it's a lot less scary.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He doesn't do track days.

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

But he does get on track all the time... :D

20. odell2115

odell2115 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty guilty of said offense. Been around the forum/track since '03. Pit crewed for endurance teams, done plenty of track days, etc but never have gridded up.

I've got 3 sons, and that weighs heavily on my mind when I think about the commitment to racing both financially and risk wise. I lost a very good friend at an event at Barber due to an incedent that she did not have any control over and that severly curtailed even my trackdays.

My oldest two graduate HS soon (college tuition for two anyone?). Maybe after that's behind me things will change a bit.