1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's your damn license?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Dec 13, 2011.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A member who shall remain nameless prompted the idea for this inquiry.

Who has been here the longest, regularly getting on the track, but still without a racing license?

2. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I have been here since 2004. lots of trackdays, but never raced.

last time on the track way 2009 though... hopefully I will make a couple of trips in 2012.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm kind of the opposite. Only been on track once since 2008, but always a current WERA license. Gotta race a little this year.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not it! Although it was so long ago I cant remember my number and it was only to do minis.

5. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

BOOM! Not it. :up:

6. I jumped in the deep end after only a few track days. Started with fastraxx and ccs in 2003 and wera in 2004. Been racing on and off since then. Unfortunately I let my wera license lapse a couple of times, because i didn't now about the ten year rule. Otherwise, Id be eligible for the free lifetime license in a couple of years.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

8. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

what is this 10 year rule you speak of?

9. If you have a wera license for 10 years straight without interruption, you get a free lifetime license.

10. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

BUT it is time to step up! :clap:

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

By the way, I'm not asking about those of you who held a license in the past. I'm more curious about those who have been on the track and hung out here forever but never raced.

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Thats why I have kept mine current(havent even had a CRA one for 2-3 years and lost my # last year). Three more years and I'm in!

13. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

and for the record, i've been doing track days for 4 years... this will be my first racing season. im hoping this will make me a man, ive been waiting for ball hair for a really long time.

14. tito

tito Well-Known Member

same here.....

15. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Badbeak? That you?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Do I get a trophy?

17. th3_d0c

th3_d0c Well-Known Member

I think, I just don't want to lose on my first race. So, I use some other excuse like, I don't have time, or some crap.
    Basically, I don't want to suck.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

d0c, most everybody I've ever known lost their first race.

The joy is in the first race you win!

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hell, my first race was a lot more fun than my first win.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And the last race I won wasn't half the fun as the last race I run.

Yeah, yeah, I know it should be 'ran' but it screws up the symmetry of the statement.