1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the 2021 schedule?

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Nov 13, 2020.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Mike sitting at home right now...

upload_2020-11-17_9-40-31.png

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Summit yes, no NJMP, VIR I'll keep bugging.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Oh lawdy yes for summit!!!!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  4. grasshopper

It appears CCS has failed to nail down a date for Road America. Maybe you give it a try?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While it would be fun I can't see the boss making that gamble. It's not cheap - especially with the length and need for so many workers - and the dates they have open are iffy at best on weather. Then add in it being nowhere near any of our riders bases and it's a huge chance to take.

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

How about something special for a trifecta of cool tracks and have a 3 race series at Road America, Road Atlanta and Barber, for 400s, 600s, and 1000s?
    An endurance at Road America doesn't suck.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The race wouldn't suck, going into debt 10's of thousands of dollars however...that would suck. Without a large purse a three race series like that always sounds great on paper but never draws people.

8. grasshopper

How much is it to rent Road America for a 2 day weekend? Are you at liberty to reveal those numbers?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't have it handy and don't want to guess at it, too many track rentals running through my head at this point :crackup:

I do know the boss wrote a check for over 65 grand for the GNF if it helps put costs in perspective for the higher end tracks any.

10. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it's the most expensive track that CCS rents. i think it's more than Daytona. they charge high entry fees because they have to recover the costs.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'd guess 20-25k a day

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah that sounds about right but it's hard to compare them if you don't know what the rental includes and what items are ala carte - for example Road Atlanta is cheaper than Barber on straight rental but there are more not included in the rental but still required items at Road Atlanta that makes the total higher (not a huge amount, they're pretty close to each other at the end of the day).

noles19 likes this.
  13. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Are there proposed dates for the 5 race endurance series with N2?

Cheers,

Dave

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. But they're not firm yet. One is waiting to hear back from a track and that may require adjusting another one or even two depending on what happens. It all has to be based on the other events in the series as well as other events nearby for the sprint racing and even other clubs events.

Seriously y'all - as with every year for the last 25+ I've been doing the schedule I will release anything and everything as soon as I possibly can. We've tried doing a tentative one but that always screws up people much much worse than waiting another week or two ever has.

15. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Okey dokey. Just tho't some things might be more fixed than others. But, we'll standby to standby . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing is firm enough to release any of the schedules or I would do so :crackup:

Best I can tell you is barring covid shutdowns the first race is January 24th at Auto Club Speedway out West and February 20-21 at Talladega for the east side of the country.

17. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

CMRA 2021 schedule just got posted..

18. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

What is the deal with VIR? Ever since the year, I believe 2017, WERA didn't get to run because of the delays in the repave it seems like there is always something that prevents getting a date. If you get out of the regular yearly rotation is it pretty much impossible to get back in? I always thought it was a great round and people seem to like being there. Plus, it's my home track so I begging for you to put on your Mongo charm when trying to secure a date.

Shenanigans and Lance Molnar like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They gave our date to a car group because of getting the runoffs and we haven't been able to get one that was viable since. I do need to bug them again this week.

20. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

As far as Road America..

I know CCS will do events with CRA like the Brainard round.

Would it be possible for a CCS/WERA round?

Also, from my time helping run grid for MI Drift, Gingerman seems like its sort of cheap to rent. they also fixed the runoff at T11. So, if you hit anything at that track now, aside from someone else's bike... Well, you deserved it. It's weird how racers will show up to Grattan which is rougher than a farm lane, but they don't wanna race Gman. lol CCS had problem with rider count too.. But they also would schedule it like 2 weeks after the Road America round which costs $10M to race your bike at lol.

*I know the Gman thing has been beaten to death in past threads. I find it odd still.. lol

grasshopper likes this.