1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Soccer Players Fake an Injury

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Hard to shoot the shit, go get beers, watch constant commercials if the action is constant.

Baseball and football, a few seconds of action followed by 30s of fluff.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

not a soccer fan, but when I do watch World Cup or whatever, the thing that I like about it is that it's about 2 hours or less and the game is over most times because the time is always in motion.

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That to a certain extent already happens. A player can get a yellow card for diving in the penalty area, a yellow can also be awarded elsewhere on the pitch for any other foul play (if you get two yellows in the same match it is a red card offence which means a sending off and a suspension for the next game).

More than once a player has received a second yellow for diving in the penalty area and been sent off, it happened just over a week ago to a player from my team.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Even the coaches take drama class...
    [​IMG]

RichB likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Best I can tell MLS will do the same.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Might as well just haul off and cold-cock a mofo. I mean, shit, if you wanna be dramatic, don't hold back in the dishin' it out, either. :D

7. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Did you just punch me while no one was looking?:D

[​IMG]

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Video review won't solve the flopping problem and will only serve to make a slow, low-score soccer game feel even longer and less interesting. The solution is much simpler: If you are so hurt that play must stop, you must report to the team doctor and are no longer allowed on-field in that half.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!