1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Soccer Players Fake an Injury

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Nov 30, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I always find it fascinating and funny how a road racer crashes a bike at 100 mph, tumbles , rolls, gets up and gets on his b bike, and just does his job. a soccer player gets taped by another guy and they are squirming around like they are dying because they tripped running, then the ref doesn't give the penalty and , its a miracle, your legs work again and you can run!

K51000 and BigBird like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Motorcycle racer:

vs

Soccer player

[​IMG]

4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I can’t even watch a match because of that crap.

418, Sabre699, TLR67 and 1 other person like this.
  5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Flopping in basketball and soccer should be something they regulate and fine players for. It's ridiculous.

Robby-Bobby and t11ravis like this.
  6. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I saw a Dallas player imitate a Saints player and back after the play and fall down like the Saints player did- when no penalty was even called. There was no foul. The refs did miss some calls on both teams though.
    My point is it even happens in NFL- especially with pass interference calls.

7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

dudes do back flips off 60 foot cliffs and jump 80 foot doubles in freeride mountain biking with just a helmet and knee pads on and skate shoes and a tshirt, and sometimes have to bail or crash. downhill mountain bike racers trainwreck down rock gardens tumbling end over end across boulders and drops. most times unless a bone is broken or their bike breaks in half, they get up and finish their runs. soccer players are embarrassing.

TurboBlew and Wingnut like this.
  8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I blame Johnny Foreigner.

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ditto.

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

When I refereed games I would hand out yellow cards to players that consistently over-exaggerated injuries. It's much different in the US than in any other country. Abroad it's just "part of the game."

11. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

has 2 wheels...

dude gets up and finishes his run after this one...

soccer players are vaginas.

BigBird and John Branch like this.
  13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Even then I don't think it would pump the brakes much.

As long as getting calls for faking/exaggerating contact can change the course/outcome of a game/match, it will continue to be exploited at every opportunity, and in every sport where it matters.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I can't watch because soccer sucks. A bunch of dudes running back and forth and back and forth for two hours and the score is 0-1.

ToofPic, Razr and 5axis like this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If it's not motorsports or doesn't involve scantily-clad female competitors, I'll pass.

ToofPic, 5axis and Knotcher like this.
  16. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

That's some next level ignorant stupid shit

speedluvn likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

These days that might not be universally considered punishment.

18. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

7578048E-23B2-4997-BA4C-64ADEBD725F7.jpeg I figured this out years ago. Now if someone would just appoint me Sports Czar then I could finally implement it.

The Pink Card™️ will be issued for excessive pansy like behavior. If the referee catches you acting soft like charmin then you are issued a Pink Card.

Punishment? You must play the remainder of the game in a pink tutu. Problem solved.

19. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

E6ECF365-35FE-42D7-9D48-E3C1261D9C8E.jpeg
    Looks pretty constricting