1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Soccer Players Fake an Injury

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Nov 30, 2018.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

How did you reply before it was posted?? :confused:

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

F7622C37-DA01-4E0A-9B6C-2C39E3B260EF.jpeg
    All hail The Godfather of going big. Josh Bender

Sweatypants and John Branch like this.
  3. backcountryme

Sorry. I didn't notice the blatant photoshoping on this one. Here is the real Jaw Drop.
    p4pb1812330.jpg

4. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

As if that wasn't "big enough" already.....

Sabre699 and backcountryme like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This pisses me off especially because I used to play soccer in high school and we would kick the crap out of each other. I mean we tried to get away with as much as we could without getting carded and no one whined like a little bitch....and we were just teens at the time, these are fully grown men.

In one game me and another player jumped up to head a ball coming down and we smacked heads together. I gashed open my forehead right at my hairline and blood started streaming down my face. I tried to get up and keep running but they stopped the game and took me out....had to go straight to the ER from the field to get 5 stitches to close me up lol.

What a bunch of little bitches.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I hope you insisted on no local anesthesia.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

thanks to @Sweatypants I was watching some youtube POV downhill rides and god damn the big air stuff
    just has me hesistating...lol. Im totally mentally unfit for that!

Sweatypants likes this.
  8. backcountryme

I believe it was 55 ft on that vertical face, but more like 70 where he actually touched down. His bike broke into 3 pieces on impact. Bender was the one that came up with the Redbull Rampage idea. He was a judge at it for a long time. Not sure if he still is. I haven’t been into mountain bikes like I was in the early 2000s

9. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I don't like how Bender ended up in this thread, but yeah, he finally got recognised for his contribution to MTB and was inducted in the MTB Hall of fame in sept of this year.

backcountryme and Steak Travis like this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Pain don't hurt.

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Ended up how?

12. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

He's the guy in the pic going big, life's too short not to go big.

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

That faked his death story is ridiculous. Did they think no one would catch on that the dude was still alive? The flopping is fucking ridiculous and one reason Americans hate soccer. I don’t blame the players though. The rules and nature of the game are to blame. From what I understand, if you get fouled you get a penalty kick. Those have a fairly high chance of succeeding and can result in a point in a sport where you might only get a point per game. If you want to win, you absolutely have to play the flopping game. They should change the rules so that fouls don’t get a penalty kick or that they’re not awarded until the footage has been reviewed. That’d put a stop to the nonsense. People do it because it makes the difference between winning and losing. If you got 20 championship points for getting hurt by another rider’s punt you’d see MotoGP racers flopping around like fish in the sand traps.

PMooney Jr. likes this.
  14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

The NBA is now issuing technical fouls for flopping if caught during the game. If the refs miss it during the game, the league is now fining them afterwards.

Metalhead and metricdevilmoto like this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

"Gross error in judgment"?

Is that a PC way of saying "lying piece of shit'?

16. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Can someone please find the video of Aaron Yates flopping his way into the track after crashing,trying to draw a red flag?
    It was some beautiful acting,and no fish has ever flopped harder on land :D

17. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

VIR?

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Almost true. You get a penalty kick if you are fouled within the box (essentially the area where the goalkeeper is allowed to pick up the ball with their hands). To your point though, it is a very strong tactic. Anywhere else on the field though a foul results in a free kick.

You have to think of soccer like a big game of chess. Each advance toward the goal is a "play" like in American football. If that play doesn't work you either lose possession or take the ball back and start a new play. Not to indifferent from basketball, but there is no shot clock. That tends to be what Americans dislike about European sports. Americans tend to like fast paced - high scoring games where euro games are low score and very drawn out.

19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Cal would have more championships than Rossi :D

SGVRider and BigBird like this.
  20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Video review every suspected foul. If it turns out to be a flop then it's a penalty kick AGAINST your team. If legit, penalty kick FOR your team. Won't take but a couple goals against your team, caused by some fake floppers to sort shit out real fast. Take it a step farther and bench the fake flopper for the rest of the game. Happens twice, you're out for a couple games.

motoracer1100, BigBird and Rebel635 like this.