1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your biggest fear?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 3, 2012.

1. My favorite thing to do on roller coasters is when they are first climbing up, i mean you get in the seat, get buckled and they are on that real slow climb up to the top, right at the very beginning, I like to just start screaming "OH SHIT! OH SHIT! OH SHIT!". :crackup:

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Have many people scanned your QR Code avatar and responded? I did it and was like, "I wonder what it could be?!" :D

3. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

I will have a white knuckle gorilla death grip on a freakin ferris wheel. It's a combo for me. Heights, movement, no control over either. The family and i went to a park last summer and there was one of those kiddie rides where you strap in and it goes to the end of the track and then hauls ass backwards all the way back to the start. In the middle it had the loopty loop. I was totally mind fucked. Thought i was having a heart attack, and had arm pump to boot. My kids loved it. They were 9 at the time. And girls. Whatever.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

5. I love Roller Coasters, as long as it doesn't affect my claustrophobia. In other words, I won't get into the ones where you actually climb inside a cage and are locked in.

6. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

I may have rode my last coaster - many years ago. Don't like that "trapped, not in control" feeling. Starts washing over me like a big wave. NOT good at all. Way more than uncomfortable.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So I've been trying to remember since yesterday why the hell I had climbed up there to begin with. It just came back to me: there were white girls up there. :D

8. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You wouldn't go up there for black girls?

Racist!!

10. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Derek, we were separated at birth.

I got talked into riding that stupid slingshot thing in Daytona about 10 years ago. The one that goes straight up and down then flails around doing front flips on two rubber bands. I swore I could see Miami from the top of that arc. I almost had a panic attack on top of the Stratosphere in Vegas too. As for the rides at the top? I could barely stomach watching the people on the rides, Buckwild and Mongo put together couldn't strap me to one of those things.

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

They got a app for that...;)

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I just had to download the app ... :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

:bow:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes they do. You shouldn't insult Evelyne like that. Not cute, not cool, not funny.

14. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Here's another one of mine.

Being stuck at the same level in my racing. for example, not getting any faster and having the rest of the field keep improving. It would drive me insane! When I only did trackdays, sometimes when I couldn't improve or get faster/smoother and had people blowing by me, I'd often entertain thoughts of giving up riding.

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

A new fear of mine was just discovered ... having Mongo slap someone over something I lol'd at. :eek:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You didn't know who he meant, he should have known who he meant - no worries.

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I don't like swimming in the ocean at night. A night dive doesn't bother me at all but I hate to just swim on the surface. I always feel like bait.

Other than that, a woman when they're so pissed you can see the crazy in their eyes. I hate it when that happens.....:D

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you guys have dreams about your phobia?

Mine is torturing me even as I have had no opportunity to get anywhere near high places since pretty much forever. I'll dream that I'm climbing stuff with no way back down, taking chance in cars or on bikes that sometimes keep rising instead of landing, etc. Frightening stuff. I find myself struggling to wake up and I can't. But I can't remember any impact ever. I seem to always end up awake with my heart pounding.

I used to also have dreams about various people and animals chasing me. Same heart pounding stuff. I was almost afraid of going back to sleep when I woke up from one of those. Happens much less these days.

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I've had dreams where I feel like someone is standing near the bed (got to be a woman with crazy in her eyes) and I can't raise my head to see who it is. My head, arms and legs feel like they weigh a thousand pounds. I try and just move my head back and forth, anything just to move and just can't. Real strange...

20. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

[​IMG]