1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your biggest fear?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 3, 2012.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not talking about real serious stuff like the fear of losing your child, or your home, your job, etc.

I'm talking about stuff you're a total chickenshit about. Maybe phobia would be a better word than fear. You know, like Buckwild and squirrels.

Me: heights. Unquestionably.

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Squirr.....oh

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

heights, anything over 6 feet where I can see the ground freaks me out (planes, ladders, sides of buildings)

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I'm with Papa on the heights. Heck, I have a hard time with some video games due to the screenshots. Some of the newer 3D stuff really works me over - think Assassin's Creed.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not heights necessarily, but jumping from them, like bungee jumping or skydiving. I've jumped off of older, lower bridges into the river during a canoe trip, but those were only 30-40 feet max. I just said to the wife that I don't think I'll ever bungee or skydive. Everyone that says they've been skydiving tho, says its a huge rush.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Snakes. I'm a total pussy when it comes to those things.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ironically enough, I have zero problem with airplanes. So long as there is something between me and falling, I'm generally fine. But it needs to be at least chest level.

8. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Heights in an enclosed building.

I'm totally fine (and enjoy) a bridge, on an open observation deck, on a cliffside, etc. However, a bit ago we were at Glenn Canyon Dam and the glassed in observation deck hangs out over the canyon wall and it's about 1500 feet straight down......I hit max heart rate and started looking for an exit immediately. Strange. Same thing at Sears Tower a few years back.

Any ideas why the difference between the two anyone?

9. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Falls that are far enough to have any noticeable duration. I could never skydive or bungee jump, but tumbling a dirt bike down a hill is OK.

10. Claustrophobia

The conversation about a full body MRI after a wreck was pretty good.

It was like "I am not getting inside a tube".

Doc was like "but you have too"

I was like "Oh I can promise you, I don't HAVE to do shit".

I ended up spending an assload of money because I had to find a hospital that was "out of network" that had one of those open MRI units (it has a bunch of small, maybe 1/2" OD bars that go across you, but it essentially open).

I won't get in elevators with a bunch of people in them.

I don't sit on the inside of booths at restaurants etc.

Basically, I always have to have an "escape route" if that makes sense. The hardest part of my job is the Helicopter ride. I always sit by the window and take a bunch of dramamine and shit so I am asleep the whole time.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I'm afraid of large groups of grown men who are total pussies about heights. :Poke:

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You are in the witness protection program aren't you...

13. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I don't think I have any phobias. One of my fears, or "concerns", really, is that I actually am not chickenshit about stuff I really should be. I thought I had gotten over the "I'm-fucking-immortal" belief that every teenager holds, but I'm not sure I have. I think I've realized I can get hurt.. I don't think I've truly realized that I can be killed. Either that, or the thought doesn't actually bother me on a core level, which is even scarier.

Biggest fear, probably getting fat.

edit: jumping out of planes is pretty cool, all you guys should try it :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You're a head case? :Poke:

This is why we stick to motorcycles and try to corner as low as possible. :D

15. Heights don't bother me, I have bungee jumped several times.

It isn't really a "fear" per se, but I DO NOT do well when I first come out from being "under". In that state as you regain consciousness after a surgery, where you are awake, but you aren't really coherent and don't know where you are or don't know what is going on...it is bad. I get violent.

Lora always tells them to MAKE SURE she is there if they even think I am about to start waking up.

I don't remember any of it, I usually fall back asleep and then when I wake up the 2nd time, I am ok. Then Lora tells me what I said or did the first time I was "awake" and I don't remember any of it.

16. If I told you, I would have to kill you. :D

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How much bandwidth we got? :D

Heigths, bridges and being stuck in traffic and having to take a massive dump.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ooh, that would make sense.

Fear of the eventual launch from your position of low-cornering is actually a legitimate concern. :D

19. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

That's a given.

However, Bonnie thought it was funny at first. She absolutely could not relate to what was happening to me. I was friggin seriously panicked.

20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

This is pretty common actually