1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do if you won the lotto?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, May 9, 2017.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Lindsay and Paris, at the same time!

[​IMG]

Dragginass likes this.
  3. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Start a foundation and legal fund for parents who can't afford a proper defense in defending their children. Probably a scholardship fund for college, vocational school, or any kind of basic career development for underprivledged kids and young adults.
    I'd quit my current job, but still find some type of enjoyable work, even if just volunteer, to keep me busy. Maybe setup some type of mentoring/counseling program to help troubled people get their lives back on track, etc....

Oh yeah, I'd build a new house and buy a few toys also. Setup my kids and grandkids a little bit also...

KneeDragger_c69 and Banditracer like this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Trust fund for the boy with some very strict rules. I don't want himi to become a trustafarian hippie mofo. Trust money would only be available for financing education and solid business plans .
    Then I'd buy a nice home in fuck you land. Depending on the amount won, I'd probably keep working for a bit and then go spend my winters in Thailand riding bikes, hitting the beaches and scuba diving.

Banditracer likes this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hell, throw in Amber for shits and giggles.

Spooner, Dragginass, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dragginass, cha0s#242 and auminer like this.
  7. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i like this, except id probably buy some investment properties, think air BnBs in places where people like to go, and then id buy big plots of hunting land in montana, idaho, texas, alaska etc. put small little cabins on them and and start filling for tags in all the states i now own property on and start filling my freezer. when not hunting would probably be golfing. oh, and spending time with the kids i guess. :D

8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I'd go somewhere where I could toss a midget. And Id bring davek as the toss-ee

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Put a bunch of money in Brenden Kettelsen’s race program after all the normal investment stuff

10. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Lol... I do the same damn thing I don't think I have ever checked lottery numbers with an eager expectation.
    It's the daydream that's fun I've helped everybody out in every conceivable way ,saved lives,built made people smile and built empires...lol.

Okay... You had to catch me when I'm sick in bed I'm all over this I'm going to spend way too much time typing...lol

100 mil before taxes...or after... That's a 50 million question right there
    so I'll assume for shits and giggles it's 100 million dollars in my bank account after everything is paid out to the government.

Definitely find a financial attorney, and a savy tax man.

In no particular order take care of my birth mother and her husband lavishly until they pass.
    Buy my nephew a home legally bound that he cannot sell it for a long time, enable him to get an education ( thems the rules.) And of course I would leave him money, I don't have kids so he be taking care of he's a ...good guy.

Its America and it takes money.. to succeed in America and without money in "today's" America....you cannot be a happy .. So that kid would get every chance , what $ I money I afford him and I have no problem with that.
    Let's face it there's no way kids/ average kids are ever going to be able to afford homes.. that is a dream that is now gone.
    I have three lifelong friends. I would treat them well ,not crazy and help if needed. Just enough to take any stress away so they can live life with their families happily.

I would certainly buy houses & property... Get a good property manager

I'd travel...no doubt bout it..I'd see the world...in VERY SHORT order.

WOULD IT BE UNETHICAL TO HAVE MY BLACK PUG MIX CLONED SO I COULD HAVE LIKE 20 OF HIM !!!!

I will expand my saltwater reef tank from 140 gallons to a state-of-the-art solar powered 2000 gallon tank... And give all my little friends room to stretch.

I don't know I like gardening/landscaping so I would probably buy a nursery, for a nursery with a house I don't know Im...pretty simple
    And I know how to stretch a dollar but a hundred million is 100 million...jus sayin.

Buy a nice motorhome, or 4x4 sprinter...maybe both.

Important item: and buy a 68 Dodge Charger R/T the car of my youth.. black on black resto modded to the hilt... We're talking modern engine 700+ plus horsepower independent rear suspension custom front suspension... yada yada yada
    Find a woman ."a nice one"....and drive off into the sunset every chance I get "bench seat of course"

Oh...of course the following for when I get home.
    Large steel barn, with;

1.) Above 68 Charger RT
    2.) Texas Truck
    Syndicate lowered custom.C.O.E.).. mandatory.
    3.) 65-68 Mustang fastback restomod
    4.) Original Mini Cooper, Turbo Hayabusa powered with sequential transmission...
    5.) In honor of my late wife a 1966 two-tone lowered Volkswagen beetle with a roof rack and a Coca-Cola ice cooler.
    6.) I can't help it !!a street legal Baja trophy truck
    A V8 powered Ivan Stewart replica done up right!!
    7.) A nice SUV that rides nice QUIET one with leather interior perhaps a King Ranch
    8.) A very well built Cobra kit car w (modern traction control etc..)!
    I'd like to live long enough to spend my money....lol
    9.) A nice '60s land yacht station wagon resto mod....
    10.) A host of Ol Pick up restomods and a few Rusty originals.
    11.) Hey Remember..its a hundred million ... And I'm making money off the properties SOoooo,a nice custom 63 21' Lincoln Continental suicide door slammed, lowered,a ride, black on black with wire rims & white walls... plenty of room for my little puppies!!

MOTORCYCLES:

Of course my
    1.) RZ350 Frankenbike/TZR 535cc!!
    2.) Finish my SRAD Lucky strike Daytona bike.
    3.) Finish my custom 86 VFR Fred Merkel replica
    4.) Honda rc30
    5.) Yamaha 0W01
    6.) THINGS GET A LITTLE COMPLICATED HERE...LOL
    A Big bore rg500 motor stuffed into a SRAD frame painted like Kenny Roberts Jr championship bike.
    A WAYNE GARDENER NSR500 REPLICA
    7.) BUILD TWO (Valentino Rossi) 2-stroke 2001 replicas.
    1st the Nastro Azzurro liverey
    Then the "Hawaiian"
    OR FUCK IT JUST BUY RONAXs or Suters... And have them all painted like my favorite Golden era 2 strokes. I don't care but those would be in my paddock...

8.) Certainly a variety of 60s and 70s two strokes... WHAT DO Y'ALL SAY ABOUT, a custom Big bore Kawasaki 750 triple with Reed valve conversion done up in a full-on retro KR 750 resto mod style...no two-stroke on planet Earth sounds better than a Kawasaki triple.... not a one.
    9.) Without a doubt... A nice custom Harley beach cruiser.
    10.) Vintage Harley or triumph bobber.
    11.) Oh yeah! can't forget Ural sidecar or a restored BMW sidecar!!!
    NO new bikes...they suck by any measure I'm concerned about...

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    motoracer1100 likes this.
  11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Buy a stack of SC2 and a tanker of mr12 and then proceed to smoke it all up.

12. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I would pay off my $83K Chevy diesel I just picked up last night!!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ouch! I bought my potential retirement home 4 years ago for 37K. I guess I’m a cheap ass, but god damn current prices of everything

14. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

britx, I know it is a crazy world right now. My post was a bit of a joke on a current post about getting a ford and if they should buy new and the responses to the pricing.

Fortunately I had a 2 year old truck almost identical to the one I just got and it had a few engine and electrical issues that kept repeating themselves and I had told the sales guy I work with I was "possibly" interested in a new one. Well a month after I mentioned it he called me and had one a couple of days out that was ordered and sold to one of his customers and when he called him after a few months of waiting for delivery his financial situation had changed and his financing fell through, I guess there is some recourse to the salesman as he just went on the guy's past history so he showed me the build and all he did was put my name in instead of the original buyer so I got locked into the original price.

I had to pay a $15K dollar difference, I actually got $1K more for my trade than I paid and it had 40K miles on it so I was ok with it and what was turning into a problem vehicle has become someone else's problem. Plus I have bumper to bumper warranty again!!

britx303 likes this.
  15. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

You guys are way over thinking this, I have had charter guests paying anywhere from 10 k for a small sailboat to 300 k for a 50m yacht for a weeks vacation in random places. There is not some great change with people that have money or not and trust me it doesn't solve the daily or family issues that is life. Some people paying 10 k for a week seem more entitled and spoiled than people paying 300k for a week, you never know . If anything money causes more problems and stress in general and have seen it a thousand times with rich people. Never able to relax, stressed permanently. It is never enough, you chase a dream to be a millionaire and buy a yacht you get that yacht and look around and realize your yacht is small so you work your ass off to buy a bigger yacht and then realize your 50m yacht is small compared to a 100m yacht and its a sad cycle that never ends.

motion and cha0s#242 like this.
  16. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I would buy Grattan. lol

REPAVE it, add some nice painted curbing, some air fencing, and pay the corner workers enough to afford healthcare and dental.

Buy a few CNC machines for the shop, make my personal bizz a little more official, and hire my friends with felonies that have hard time finding work, because of stupid shit we all did as teens/young adults. Even though they have mad skill and can work circles around most people. They get jobs, but they get paid chicken pennies and are basically forced to kiss major ass under the premise of 'yOu'Re LuCkY tO hAvE a JoB"

Then I'd prolly start a race team and work American kids into the system in hopes they can eventually make a living wheeling cars around or racing motorcycles all over the world.

The rest would be used to start programs to get kids growing up in situations like I did into technical programs.. Welding, machining, general fab, CAD, Augmented Reality design stuff, etc. i got really lucky, and I fully believe that if one person didn't say "hey dipshit, you're really fuckin good at this, what the hell?" when I asked him if I could try to weld. I absolutely would be on a different, much more difficult path in life. (friends dad was a welder, and he was working on an old circle track car one night when we were 14-15. I thought it looked sweet, so I asked to see if I could do it.)

I'm 34 now, so I figure I'd be out of money by 40. From there I'd just go back to work until I retire at 75 or whenever. lol

motoracer1100 and Banditracer like this.
  17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah fuck all that and fuck the Jones’s. I don’t care what they have or get jealous and play “keep up” with them. To each their own. My comment was purely about sticker shock. I’m happy with my 20 year old Yota pickup and rinky dink house. Ain’t overthinking squat;)

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'd commission the building of a fast expedition yacht - think Offshore Supply Vessel meets Mark V Special Operations Craft. Then I'd charter to universities, marine study grants and agencies like NOAA, etc.
    Off-charter use, I'd be goin' anywhere the hell the crew and I please, sinking pirates and generally having no fucks to give.
    Sister ship would be a pelagic sailboat for when I want to relax. Also no fucks to give.

19. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I've meet and worked with some pretty cool owners over the years whether they were born into money, lucked into it, or worked hard for it that really go for it and want to explore, fish hardcore and dive in the best places in the world. Certain boats have subs and helicopters to explore more. Lucky for me I get to enjoy the places before and after they leave. I really love to flats fish, its kind of cool when the captain tells you to go out and find spots to fish on a boat your could never afford so when the owners fly in you know where to take them

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'll need a cook.
    How are you with sushi and seaweed? :D