1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do if you won the lotto?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, May 9, 2017.

1. I saw an article where a kindergarten kid (in CA, of course) got in trouble and sent to the office for using the wrong pronoun.

One of her fellow classmates had begun gender reassignment surgery over the summer (yes, another kindergartener), and wanted to be called by the "new" pronoun.

The other child wasn't aware, used the wrong one (that she had used the previous year), and got in trouble. The teacher and principal said she was being unsympathetic and disrespectful to her transgender classmate.

I don't even know where to start with that shit.

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

in all honesty. id start a bunch of high quality affordable eateries, grocery/general stores, and coffee/pastry shops in boyle heights that operarated at very low profit to myself (after cost recoupment). all profits would be divided among employees on top of their standard hourly wage at a percentage based upon their position in the company with incentive to climb the ladder. i think it would transform the community in such a positive way and help prove that you can run a thriving local economy without having the need to become a gazzillionare or keep poor people poor.

Phl218, caferace and pscook like this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Do you purposely ask for trouble? :D
    (I do like the sound of it, tho'.)

4. I'd hire an entourage and be broke in 2 years :). I'd take care of some of my family and buy a few houses around the us. Start a race team for sure but only if I could get some sort of sponsorship to offset at least some of the running costs.

5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Now you're just talking crazy.
    No one has that kind of $.

TurboBlew and V5 Racer like this.
  6. t11ravis

He was pitted with us last weekend...

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'd take on perhaps the best technical boxer of all time, and get my ass beat.

OH, wait, that IS winning the lottery. :D

8. t11ravis

My stupid lottery fantasy (if I won like hundreds of millions) would be to do a "WERA week" at Phillip Island.
    Charter a huge cargo jet for the bikes and another passenger jet for us and head on over. I think the flight alone would be a blast, full bar going the whole time, etc.

I wonder how much that would actually cost.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Planes and track rental? ~200k
    Bar tab? +1,000,000

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I ain't drinking that rail piss. :mad:

11. fastfreddie

Along the lines of schools, this teacher gets a nod of approval...aside from missing that the child also has a problem with "i"s and "e"s in another word...and punctuation (unless the kid was questioning who could do the sitting).
    It's the teacher's NOT getting triggered that gets the nod. :) 14064201_1103547199680513_2319434315500739471_n.jpg

12. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

I've thought about this over the weekend. My wife was away visiting her family.

If I win the lottery, I'll start a LLC, and pay myself to beat off and eat take out.

I'm good at it, and I'd like to be paid to do it. And not see the wife.

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

May I suggest something other than "Velveeta for All!" as a a campaign slogan?

14. No.

15. fastfreddie

I'd like to bring HUD helmet visors to market.

Also, of course, a "bike only" track for licensed racers with an annual ROC, by invitation only. Bikes drawn at random from a fleet of equally prepared machines. Winner keeps the bike (or cash equivalent), 2nd gets half value cash and 3rd gets quarter value.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You know, the bike DID come from Dustin in the first place...

t11ravis likes this.
  17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what about monster and maxxis and corona gals?? I aint going to Travis' extravaganza if there are no beautiful gals!! :D

V5 Racer likes this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

haha I was starting to think the child writer was listening to Mickey Avalon...lol

19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Ha!