1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is my bike worth please help

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by NYC1000RR, Oct 31, 2018.

?

WOULD YOU COP FOR $25K FLAT

1. YES

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You ain't gonna buy shit and never were going to buy shit. Go back to kicking tires at the gix xer dealership.

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Hell, I'll play.

1. Worth 25K? Currently, no. All that unobtainium doesn't really help.

2. Making it back into a streetable bike? Could be done but according to what is written it has been stripped of all unnecessary weight...including someone either removing or cutting wires you're in for a headache at best unless you fiberglass a maglite into the fairing.

3. Did the title and your line of questioning seem misleading as to who owned the bike? Yes.

3. Mattinrsm

Mattinrsm Well-Known Member

True story:

I sold my 01 R1 track bike - no title, un-stamped frame, race wiring without keys, no fans, flourescent orange bodywork and slicks to a guy who had to have it. He wanted a street bike and I tried to talk him out of it saying this wasn't what he was looking for. He had to have it, saying he could make it streetable. So he bought it, and rode it home over an hour away.

Some people just want what they want.

track wagon and Phl218 like this.
  4. NYC1000RR

NYC1000RR Active Member

lmao John your so wrong that I felt no urge whatsoever to correct you or respond..

on another note yeah it will be a little bit of work in regards to the harness and the radiator fan but aside from that it won't be so tricky.. what I wanted is a street legal bike that I could also have fun with at the track.. with more emphasis on track.

integrated plate /running tail brake/ turn signals:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Sport...e-License-Plate-Integrated-Light/312023005525

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-Motorc...Blinker-Handle-Bar-End-Handlebar/352312657043

r1 headlights:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2016-Yamaha-YZF-R1-Headlight-With-Light-Control-Unit-OEM/113298739794

random kickstand :
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle...tand-Ultralight-Stand-Kick-Stand/273363131457

mirrors:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-Lever-...Guard-NEVERLAND/292684882781?var=591482236238

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

...so...you're chasing bargain eBay parts & accessories while debating if you can....(head scratch) justify buying a ex race bike (maint intensive) to ride on the street (hence, the eBay links to parts, although omitting the cost of factory harnesses), for a bike you could buy for 15K but want justified as a 25K motorcycle? If I missed anything feel free to elaborate and clarify.

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

So when 90% of current non-Harley bikes would fit your needset better, you go for a 7 year old racebike.

[​IMG]

Do yourself a favor and get a Street Triple R. Based on your demonstrated ignorance of all things motorcycle and common sense, I'm guessing you don't have much (zero) seat time and I'm not sure that starting on a fire breathing dragon is going to be very conducive for your learning.

7. TravisR823

TravisR823 Well-Known Member

Here comes the “Ive ridden tons of STACKS, including turbo busas and 1000 HP H2, I can handle this bike”

8. WeekdayWarrior

WeekdayWarrior I’m slow

I imagine it only runs on race gas. Do they sell U4 or mr12 at Valero now?

SuddenBraking likes this.
  9. NYC1000RR

NYC1000RR Active Member

hmm bloodhound I mean they just happen to be cheap parts needed to make it street legal.. the r1 headlights aren't cheap
    and the other things like plate frame with plate light and running brake light with integrated turn signals is the only one that I can find that has all of those capabilities in one .. it just happens to be cheap and there are rizoma bar end turn signals but they aren't that much different that the cheaper ones but are 10 times more expensive.. so yeah stuff like that and mirrors and a "stick" that holds the bike up just happen to be cheap..

-suddenbraking.. can you clarify what your point is again .. yeah the bike is 7 years old .. what is my "needset" lol .. my ignorance?
    you are the one that sounds foolish and ignorant coming to any thread let alone mine and jumping to conclusions based on your narrow minded opinions on which users have what experience riding and what their "needsets" are ... and then your corny ass joke in the form of dumb ass advice on the specific model of bike I should do myself a "favor" and go buy lol .. why don't you focus on getting yourself right and get your own "fire breathing dragon" herb.

-travis.. youre still here bro lmao, see you on pg 4

-weekday warrior.. yeah it only has a factory modified ecu that runs on race fuel..

10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You keep talking like you're gonna buy the thing...you aren't.

TravisR823, shakazulu12 and ToofPic like this.
  11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Anyone know what my Merkin is worth? Slightly used,never trimmed,smells just a little fishy.
    Still have original box with tags.:Poke:

[​IMG]

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

The reason why people are now slamming you for trying to turn an outright race bike into something you can use on the streets is because a superbike build like that is a terrible street bike. It's going to ride like shit, the motor isn't going to like pump gas and at the end of it, you are going to end up with a rebuild on it that costs more than what you paid for the bike. People who have actually tracked/raced already know all these things and wouldn't consider it. It's people who really don't know much about race bikes that have these ideas. I've sold ex-race machines from teams as well in the past and there were always a couple street noobs that were convinced they could make them streetable. It's probably the most annoying part of selling a bike like this. The better question is, why the hell do you even need a bike like this if street riding is even a consideration? Stock bike will be fine, run on pump and you won't notice the speed difference at all at your level. And yes, I'm making assumptions without knowing you, but understand the collective knowledge of this forum is actually really extensive when it comes to bikes like this, which is why you came here in the first place.

13. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Maybe your new to the track seen.
    if your not willing to leave it in the dumpster at the end of the day don't take it.
    Thank bike has way to many add ons for a street bike and i would guess no vin so not likely going to be able to insure it either

14. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

You'll be making a $15,000 mistake

Please update this thread when you do it

Retriever15 and Wheel Bearing like this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think you guys are all being way to judgmental......for all you know, the bike isn't being bought to be ridden, it's being bought to be parked. He might just need a bike that can park really well on the street.

[​IMG]

R/T Performance likes this.
  16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Touche':crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Starbucks Bound!

R/T Performance likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .