1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is my bike worth please help

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by NYC1000RR, Oct 31, 2018.

?

WOULD YOU COP FOR $25K FLAT

1. YES

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NYC1000RR

NYC1000RR Active Member

ok hey guys so I need as many knowledgable people to contribute as possible and help me find out what she's worth how she sits...

Larry Pegram's "A BIKE" & last Factory Superbike sponsored by BMW in the United States.
    From the 2012 AMA Pro Superbike race season.

Most people will never have an opportunity to ride less own a factory Superbike.

Pegram Racing’s AMA Spec motor was the most powerful on the grid in 2012 after the NJ Motorsports Park round of any AMA Superbike on the same AMA dyno.

It has OVER 216 rwhp and is only 360 lbs!
    This bike puts out more rear wheel horsepower than Pegram Racings EBR delivered on the 2015 World Superbike grid. All labor performed on bike done professionally by BMW.

List of Upgrades:

STM clutch - $1100
    BMW World Superbike spec cams billet - $$$ true cost unknown
    Pegram Racing spec ported heads - $$$ true cost unknown
    Ohlins gas charged fork kit - $2000
    Ohlins TTX shock - $1500
    Flat linkage - $850
    Kyle swing arm pivots - $250
    OZ Magnesium race wheels - $3500
    Spiegler brake lines - $60
    Brembo SBK rotors 6mm - $1100
    HP Rearsets - GP Shift Pattern with Quick shifter(up) - $1500
    Akrapovic Racing Line full titanium exhaust system - $3000
    FEBUR oversized Race Radiator and oil cooler - $3000
    HP kit ECU with Race Factory BMW TC mapping developed by Pegram Racing, launch control, programmable engine braking, pit speed limiter and other items not publicly available in 2012
    ECU integrated GPS laptimer - $$$ true cost unknown
    R&G sliders - $95
    GB Racing engine guards - $260
    Vortex sprockets (geared for top speed over 220 mph) - $150
    DID chain 520 - $200
    Vortex clip-ons - $170
    Motion Pro II throttle - $160
    Catalyst Racing Composites Carbon Fiber Ultralite race kit - $1295
    3M Midnight Sapphire professional grade paint work - $1100
    Pegram's #72 Graphics wrapped in 3M vinyl - $3800(material and labor)
    Zero gravity windscreen - $100
    Attack Performance adjustable triple clamp race kit - $995
    Brembo Billet P2 rear caliper - $1050
    Brembo monoblock front calipers - $1100
    Brembo billet 19x18 adjustable master cylinder with folding lever - $600
    Aim data acquisition with all channels needed to race, including suspension, lean angle, traction control use, and brake pressure - $$$
    Billet gas cap - $100

Supposedly over $90k invested in this professional WSBK/AMA Race bike.

Things to consider I just saw a nice 2012 RSV4 sell for 8k
    and 2013/14 HP4s sell for about 14.5k
    and 2017 s1000rrs sell for 14.5k as well as to
    2012 s1000rrs sell for 8-10k and I have seen supped up track bikes here listed for 40k+

other things I'm curios about is how much would the same bike cost a year from now or 2 years from now untouched in the same condition with all these upgrades......

lets face it bikes are not worth the actual bike plus the full price of all its upgrades..w that being said I would divide all the upgrades by 2 to put a number on what they should be worth on a bike.. I believe the total of all those upgrades on the list is around 25k but it also has upgrades that are impossible to put a price on ..dare I say priceless ? so yeah help a brother out and lmk what ya think...

IMG_7468.jpg IMG_7469.jpg IMG_7470.jpg IMG_7471.jpg IMG_7472.jpg IMG_7468.jpg

2. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

How much did it cost when you bought it?

ToofPic likes this.
  3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I know of a guy who spent close to 30k to build an SV for club racing. If I wanted a missile, I would certainly plot 25k for that bike. The state of the engine is the main selling point, so anything you can do to document its health and condition, the easier the decision to buy it.

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Moto-D stickers: Take $5k off asking price
    Listed every little bullshit thing like a gas cap and brake lines: $5k off
    Unknown mileage left on unobtainium engine parts: $??? off

And you might get some actual, real interest for asking $15k obo

$3800 to wrap a bike....LOL

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’d pay $19,650 on top of that ^

track wagon likes this.
  7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Boccarp could probably give you a good idea. I think you would be hard pressed to realize 20k out of it. As others have said an accurate statement of health of the motor would go a long way when somebody is plunking that kind of money down for a 7 year old bike.

8. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

any reduction for use of the word "cop" as slang for purchase/pay/obtain in the survey question?

WeekdayWarrior and Wheel Bearing like this.
  9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

No reserve auction is the only real way to determine worth.

10. Wheel Bearing

Yes.

Forgot to subtract another $5k for having Dunlop stickers but bike has Pirelli's.

And listed a paint job with the wrap as well?

Pretty soon this thing will be free. :crackup:

Retriever15, Phl218 and socalrider like this.
  11. Wheel Bearing

No doubt there's people on the sidelines that'll say "it's worth every penny", but 99.9% of the time, those dudes are not a serious buyer, and it's only those with serious intent to buy that determines what it's actually worth.

12. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Has anybody been riding this thing?

If so, do they have x-ray vision to see through the giant Foremost Insurance decal covering almost the entire windscreen?

Seriously though, unless there is some type of pedigree or REALLY famous name attached to a racebike, typically the ROI is never good. In a case like this, you'd probably get more parting it out than selling as a whole. Maybe swap out components for OEM stuff with folks who are willing to put up cash.

TLR67 likes this.
  13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Even though it may be "worth" $25k, I'd be hard pressed that anyone would pay that much for it. As others have said the big question mark is the motor. If it's still running since 2012 on the same motor that says a lot about its build quality, but would make a buyer weary that it's about ready to go. Then you have the issue of replacing unobtanium. Also the new BMW just came out so that knocks the value down.

I'd say a 10-15k cop is realistic .

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I had an ‘expensive’ baseball card when i was 10. (Ken Griffy Jr, worth like $12 in 1993)My uncle told me “it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.” That has stuck with me. The same uncle buys me ammo for Christmas

WeekdayWarrior, r6boater and Phl218 like this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well Boccarp was selling a Toni Elias' 2016 superbike for ~$30K I think it was so I'd guesstimate this might be worth about 1/2 that. And that fact that a brand new gen 2019 version of the S1000RR is coming out next year, you might want to knock a little extra off the top of $15K as well to keep it worthwhile.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  16. TravisR823

TravisR823 Well-Known Member

Does this guy even own the bike in the photos? I’ve seen this “NYC1000RR” guy commenting on a lot of bikes talking shit on everybodys posts.

Murcielago311 and eppy01f4i like this.
  17. NYC1000RR

NYC1000RR Active Member

Travis bro you left your car windows down ...go check it out ..

anyway this may help you guys with the history of the bike

The bikes engine was completely refreshed (engine completely disassembled, cleaned, some parts replaced, and reassembled including pistons/rings/ valves clutch crank etc.. ) when Larry's race season ended before the start of the next season as are most teams bikes engines in the AMAs..
    The engine is an AMA-spec beast. Take a look at this small doc put together: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hs...iQ55kcLHVxqoBU

The bike started as a premium 2012 S1000RR model that was professionally converted to become a race rocket by Larry Pegram Racing.
    It was the only team fully sponsored and backed by BMW Factory technicians.
    He would get parts and technical advice that wasn't available to anyone else as during 2012 AMA race season.

Larry sold the bike to Joshua Siegel a principal in Yamaha Champions Riding School in NJ in 2014. He ran the bike under #13.

Purchased back from Josh in 2016 and it was professionally rewrapped back to Larry's #72.

Some links to help you with all those names:

Larry Pegram:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Larry+Pegram
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Pegram
    http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/larry-pegram-bio/
    https://www.motorsport.com/ama/photo...000rr-larry-1/

Josh Siegel:
    http://www.rka-luggage.com/A41%20New...eb%202015.html - scroll to the middle of the page
    https://www.google.com/search?q=joshua+siegel+yamaha - go to Images and look for the BMW bike with #13
    https://ridelikeachampion.com

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  18. NYC1000RR

NYC1000RR Active Member

so its engine was completely rebuilt as required periodically by Pegram race team with all new titanium rods installed in 2015..
    here are more pics... can't say she isn't clean..

Attached Files:

19. NYC1000RR

NYC1000RR Active Member

and a few more...

Also would like to include that I did not make that list the previous owner did and I'm re using it to help get to a estimated value.. as I stated I added the list up and it was around $26k for just those parts listed so id like to be fair and just chop those prices in half making the new value of upgrades worth at the very least $13k in present day on top of the stock bike itself..which I would place at $7k equaling out to be about a $20k bike at the very least .. yeah the new 2019 s1000rr is dropping and I'm taking that into consideration too but honestly Im not feeling it and I know many others feel the same way.. but I listed the last sold prices of a handful of other relevant bikes to show price values in comparison to this bike as well.. so yeah.

thank you to all of you who replied something productive and who gave your opinion to help me get a rough ball park on her!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  20. ccsracer15

ccsracer15 Member

Here is an idea. Just price it for what you want and if you get it BOOM done. If you dont keep lowering the price till it sells. Im no genius but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. GLWS