1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Yamaha R3 Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., Aug 9, 2017.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I tried it at Road Atlanta last year. It was fun but too slow.... It was Sowega's spare bike. Stunk like vajaja... I think I'd like ESS with the extra 10-12hp on an R3

2. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

If the schedule would allow, you can my R3 in FSS with the old guys.

3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

That's the cheatenest thing I've heard in a long time.

4. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Total discussion of this thread is age+weight+talent = who makes the beer run so who cares as long the Cop is competitive with TOFC!!

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

He better buy a metric ton of beer then!

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'll park the SV and enter it in DSS.

7. bbsteinnewyork

bbsteinnewyork Active Member

Really ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8. bbsteinnewyork

bbsteinnewyork Active Member

Sunk like ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This old fat guy that's on a 250 is gonna have to protest. Cop on a R3 is at least a 12 pack.

10. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

It's tough for the kids/parents also trying to find a stacked/talented grid for the kids to race in also...... It's a moving target. The kids need people to compete against and have limited bike selection to do it.....

yokohama1 and Scott S. like this.
  11. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Its out there in the MA RC390 Cup but man oh man will it cost ya. The Chuckwalla ULW grids are fat, how is it back east? Need to roll it all back for awhile for money and development reasons and is why I started this topic.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the event/track/what else is going on nearby or at times with the KTM stuff what is going on within a week or two either side of the event. Lots of different factors. We can have huge turnouts or have light ones.

13. Cam Morehead

I am not referring to 14 and up kids. I am referring to 10 and up, regionally speaking. It is a tough place to be a 10-14 yo kid that is pretty fast. There are quite a few spread out all over the US. I want all of them together, on similar bikes, with big grids, and fast 16-24 yo racers, then fast 24-50 yo racers. The Moriwaki and NSF don't really relate to any other bikes now. The kids don't fit well on 250-300s. Its just a tough place for them.

Scott S. likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There will never be any way to do that nationally at anything remotely resembling reasonable costs for the parents. They need to learn to push themselves regionally. It's be great if we had dozens of them in every region but we don't.

If you push it nationally you're going to have even more burnout than we have now with the kids as they get older and better. Spend too much money chasing a national series as a pre teen and you're done by the time you're a teen.

15. Cam Morehead

Agreed.

Just trying to figure out how to do something, even 1 race/class/event per year to attract all the fast kids, 10-16ish..... Just thinking.... You have to R3 Cup. That may be the answer....

Scott S. likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also going to have a little something else but can't announce it yet....

bbsteinnewyork likes this.
  17. Cam Morehead

You have my #. I have a couple kids I want involved if it applies.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure how it's all going to work yet but I'll be in touch if it's kid centric for sure.

Scott S. and Cam Morehead like this.
  19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

for next year?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, it's a secret.

Cam Morehead likes this.