1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA MotoGP Fantasy League 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 28, 2020.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Are you living in Antarctica and don't have unlimited internet?

~sent from mobile

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Close lol. Cellular internet.....It's capped at 80 gig, and get's expensive when you go over.

BigBird likes this.
  3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

What's up with the video passes this year? In the past mine would always renew automatically the day after the last race, for both WSBK and MotoGP. But this year...crickets.

Never mind, I see they extended it and they will auto-renew at the end of January (WSBK) and early February (MotoGP). Sucks that MotoGP is so much more expensive. If I count the actual viewing time, I know I'm watching WSBK video pass more than the GP one, yet the GP one is almost double the price :/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Quicktoy likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Almost like minor league baseball vs major league baseball.... Seeing the stars cost more since they get paid more.

~sent from mobile

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Meh. Wsbk didn’t even used to show practices. And they still don’t show them all. I have no prob with the higher price with the more content.

BigBird likes this.
  6. sbk1198

Because most people don't watch the practices so they probably didn't want to bother with that. MotoAmerica doesn't show them all either, for the same reason I'm guessing. I watch pretty much all the races in WSBK and GP and there are hella more races to watch per weekend in WSBK, especially during the european rounds. 3 WSBK races, 2 WSS races and 2 WSS300...vs 1 MotoGP, 1 Moto 2 and 1 Moto 3. Honestly this year I even skipped out on a lot of the Moto 3 races because there's nobody in that class that I was rooting for and the races have gotten too repetitive. Yeah it's exciting to see so many passes, but really you only need to watch the last 2-3 laps because that's what really matters in most of them lol

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Quicktoy

And this is why I love capitalism. We each get to pick what we like. See I can’t watch the ss300. I tried. Competition was nice but they’re sooooo slow lol. But by watching all moto2 and 3 practices I have more to root for on weekends as I know who all the guys are.

sbk1198 likes this.
  8. sbk1198

Yeah to be honest I've skipped out on quite a few of the WSS300 races this year too, for the same reasons as Moto 3. I don't think I watched any of them live, so then I just skipped over to the last few laps. The nature of those races is similar to moto 3. But the funny thing is I love watching the Jr Cup races in MotoAmerica. That's one of my favorite classes to watch! But I also race a 400 and have raced with 1/3 of the kids that were in that class this year so I may be a bit biased :)

Phl218 and Quicktoy like this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yup, having beaten Jackson Blackmon when he was 12 or so let’s me live off these victories forever :D At least I can tell my kid that I used to be faster than him LOL

10. sbk1198

Was it legitimate? As in dry race and he finished? lol Every pro I've ever beat (which has barely been any), I did so because they DNF'd or rain was involved lol

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Was a solo 20 at barber in the dry, I passed him and kept my three second lead. The other one was at CMP the year after. Also dry. But like I said, he was still a kid. But he thanked me for the pull. The year after, I couldn’t see any land against him any more

Just looked it up, he ran in expert, me in novice. Crooks beat us both

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    sbk1198 likes this.
  12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I haven't had much luck getting a response from Greg and Jason or anyone at MotoAmerica regarding a MA fantasy contest. I plan to set something up for us to play either way, but was wondering if anyone had a contact they could introduce me to so I am not just "cold calling"?

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you don't get any help, maybe start a thread with a targeted title like "Paging MotoAmerica contacts" or something. That might catch some eyeballs. At a minimum, Mongo knows some people anyway, he should be able to alert someone for you.

Of course, we would need him to stop by. Maybe I will unlock the Covid thread for a day to stimulate him to visit us. :D

jksoft and Quicktoy like this.
  14. Quicktoy

Dungeon for a day sir

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  15. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Sent a message out and will let you know if/when I hear back.

jksoft likes this.
  16. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

@jksoft Check your PMs.

17. Kramerica41

Kramerica41 Non-Believer and Under Achiever

So is there a page cap at 69 or did we move threads?

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Moved thread to 2021 of I understand you.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .