1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA MotoGP Fantasy League 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 28, 2020.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

@BigBird There are a couple of dollars a month in hosting fees from Digital Ocean but I really don't expect any money towards them. I did it for the fun and learning. When I do these side projects, I like to use different tools than the ones I use every day and us it as a learning tool.

For the techies that are interested, the site is running on a Digital Ocean Droplet which hosts the database, webserver and web proxy together to cut down on costs. Database is MongoDB (odd choice I know but it allowed me to spin things up more quickly than using a true relational DB), Python/Flask API and React front end. I am planning to switch the database over to MySQL in the offseason so I can deal with actual SQL instead of the weird "pipeline" system that MongoDB has. There is also a free SendGrid account for sending the confirmation emails and using a free Auth0 service for the account/authentication.

I plan to do it again next year and I'll reach out to Greg White and see if they have any interest (thanks @Greenhound386 ). I can get our UI/design guy involved to spruce things up as that really isn't my strong point.

backbone, sbk1198, dsapsis and 4 others like this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

You the man.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

All $$ payouts complete. Let me know any issues.

Quicktoy and Phl218 like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ha! @dsapsis thought I was making this up. :D

Seriously, sign up for The Chill League during your hiatus. You pick your lineup, and you're done. If you want to adjust it at every round, do it. If you don't want to, leave it alone. There is nothing at stake. It just spices up your viewing experience by making root for a few guys, but is mostly stress-free. And at the end of the season, your stomach lining is still intact. Unless you are Quicktoy. :D

Quicktoy and Phl218 like this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

i got back more than i deserve and less than what i was hoping for.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Hey. My first year ever playing fantasy anything and I got second in both so I’m a happy camper :)

sbk1198 and BigBird like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wasn't talking about your results, I was referring to the amount of stress you put on yourself. :D

p.s. If you haven't checked the final standings, you dropped one more spot and you're third, not second.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

lol Perhaps I should have dusted off my old paypal account :D

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  9. Quicktoy

I’m the son of a bookie. Would you expect anything else?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And it all makes sense now. :crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. backbone

backbone scarred for life

This was the first time I ever actually liked playing the fantasy league. It worked flawlessly and was very easy to use.
    Thanks for doing it!!!
    I hope we do it again next year.

BigBird likes this.
  12. dsapsis

"Fancy ass yarn". That's brilliant. Good way to wrap the year.
    You all are a good bunch of sports, and in these trying times, the game has been a nice distraction.
    We will kick off next year hopefully in Feb.

backbone and BigBird like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think they said March 28.

14. Quicktoy

It’s why I don’t gamble or bet on anything. Stressed too much as a child. Like I said, first fantasy anything in my life lol.

BigBird likes this.
  15. dsapsis

We have stuff to decide on. Like...stuff!

BigBird likes this.
  16. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Just wanted to thank @BigBird for throwing some dollars my way for the hosting. Not necessary, but much appreciated.

17. Quicktoy

So I spent my money on a new select fire switch for my full auto SBRed Glock 17. Now it’s not full time full auto and I can make it semi :). Just thought I’d let you guys know :)

Phl218, sbk1198 and BigBird like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I bought the inversion table, MotoGP videopass for another year and paid some bills.

~sent from mobile

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I got the kids a bike.
    [​IMG]
    It's an import electric. Needs a battery and some controller work, but mechanically is pretty good. Was a free hand me down from a friend, and it's been through a couple kids already. We'll fix it up this winter, and be ready to rock in the spring. As you can see, riding weather is over.....:(

My Son is all jacked up on mountain dew about it! He already said, why don't we ditch the electric motor and put a gas one in there lol.

Bird I did the math, and I didn't make enough money to even cover a video pass, let alone all the extra bandwidth I used watching the races. I figure I'm down ~$700 on Motogp this year. On three race months my internet bill is about $300 (~$120 normaly) Even quitting racing costs money lol.

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

WTF? You don't get unlimited Internet with a flat fee?

Quicktoy, sbk1198 and BigBird like this.